Under supervision of Program Director, coordinates programs and activities at
the Senior Center. Assists with administrative and clerical tasks required in
routine operation of the Senior Center. May provide case assistance and referral
information as deemed appropriate.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepares monthly activities calendar, information materials, and flyers of the senior center programs.
- Attends community, agency, and staff meetings as designated.
- Answers in-person and telephone inquiries and acts as troubleshooter, referring calls as required.
- Assembles and records statistical data.
- Types letters, reports, flyers and other printed materials, as needed.
- Collects and counts cash. Issues receipts for cash, maintains records and prepares bank deposits.
- Maintains petty cash accounts.
- Places orders with food vendors and other suppliers.
- Assists in maintaining inventory of food and supplies.
- May assist in preparation and serving of meals.
- Assists Program Director in developing appropriate group programs.
- Provides coverage on participant trips.
- Under supervision of the Program Director, may provide case assistance and referral information as deemed appropriate.
- Responsible for coverage of senior center in the Program Director’s absence.
- Fills in for absent staff as needed. Performs other related tasks as requested or assigned.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D. required; Associate’s Degree preferred.
- You must be fully vaccinated in order to work for JASA
- Some prior group leadership experience.
- Good writing/record keeping skills.
- Must be computer literate, including ability to learn and use program specific software.
- Ability to communicate both spoken and written English.
- Knowledge of Spanish, Russian may be helpful.
- May require heavy lifting including setting up tables, moving chairs, and other room set-ups for programs; climbing stairs may be required.
- May be required to work evenings and/or weekends as assigned by Program Director.
SUBJECT TO REVIEW FOR PURPOSES OF ADAAA
JASA is committed to Equal Opportunity Employment