What will you do all day?
At NMSI, our people mean everything to us; they are the lifeblood of the organization. Without our staff, NMSI is just an idea. The Manager, Technical Projects, will create detailed project plans and collaborate with the appropriate internal and external experts to deliver the solution. You will be responsible for monitoring the projects and ensuring that they meet quality standards. In addition to overseeing smaller or shorter-term solutions for individual business teams, you will also be responsible for managing two to three longer-term technical projects that will benefit the entire organization under the leadership of the VP.
This full-time role reports to the Vice President of the Technology team. This position can be based out of our Dallas, TX office or remote anywhere in the contiguous United States.
What are the details?
· Collaborate with cross-functional business teams to understand business needs, Technology team priorities, and organizational goals
· Develop comprehensive project plans that merge business team requirements with technical solutions and organizational goals
· Demonstrate understanding of current and emerging innovative technologies and services used to advance NMSI’s mission
· Execute the direction for technology solutions design and oversee the end-to-end completion of work to be completed and delivered by internal or external resources · Collaborate with Technology team members, NMSI business team, project leads and external vendors to execute technology projects
· Provide rollout training plan and coordinate with cross-functional teams; train staff on any new technology solutions with change management integrated into the plan
· Analyze and collaborate with business teams in the selection of technology solutions/systems/platforms
· Review and propose modifications on project plans, including meeting with interested parties to approve and implement changes
· Monitor project process continuously and report out on measurable items, identified risks and potential solutions
· Define and maintain project schedules, and work with other technical project managers and technology team members to allocate resources and monitor ongoing progress
· Maintain projects dashboard
· Monitor and track project milestones and deliverables
· Maintain expertise on and create resources for a limited number of platforms and tools
· Other duties as assigned
What are we looking for?
What do we offer?
The salary range for this position is $82,000 - $97,000 and commensurate with experience, with the potential for higher salary depending on experience. We take pay equity seriously and work hard to ensure our team members are paid fairly regardless of their gender, race, or other demographic backgrounds. In addition to a competitive salary with the potential for an annual pay increase, we offer a comprehensive total rewards package, including paying roughly 85% of employee-only medical, dental, and vision benefits plus a large portion for dependents. Staff are eligible to participate in 401(k) after 90 days of employment, with up to a 6% employee match, fully vested on day one of participation in the plan. Other benefits for full-time employees include referral and performance-based annual bonuses, telecommunications stipends for eligible remote employees, 14-16 paid holidays annually (including a week-long winter break), and a generous PTO policy starting at 18 days per year. We strive to maintain an inclusive environment where all staff members can show up as their authentic selves, participating in DEI-focused learning opportunities and employee-led affinity groups.
Want to learn more? The National Math and Science Initiative is a national nonprofit organization dedicated to transforming math and science education in today’s classrooms and ensuring that all students have the knowledge and skills to thrive in the global economy of the 21st century. Founded in 2007, NMSI began by dramatically improving student participation and success in rigorous Advanced Placement math, science and English courses in 85 courses across seven states. Today, NMSI has scaled its proven program to serve more than 1.5 million students, 50,000 teachers, 1,000 high schools and 45 universities across 40 states and is having a demonstrable and lasting impact on student outcomes. Go to www.nms.org to learn more.
The organization has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate.
National Math + Science Initiative (NMSI) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. NMSI complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which we have employees. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
What will you do all day?
At NMSI, our people mean everything to us; they are the lifeblood of the organization. Without our staff, NMSI is just an idea. The Manager, Technical Projects, will create detailed project plans and collaborate with the…