The Accounting Associate ensures the Accounts Payable of The Greater Boston Food Bank are processed accurately and paid in a timely manner. In this position GBFB Team member expense reports on their personal charge card are also processed using the expense reporting system. Supports Accounts Receivable duties as needed.
• Receive all vendor invoices via mail or electronically and scan into financial system.
• For non-food invoices enter what is thought to be the appropriate account number and department number based on vendor history or invoice description.
• For food invoices enter these into financial system where the 3-way match is undertaken with the purchase order, receiving document, and invoice with any exceptions investigated and resolved by working directly with the Food Acquisition Group.
• Review all invoices for accuracy of G/L accounts and department numbers assigned to manager approved invoices in order to prepare for check printing.
• Review all Non-Capital One expense reports for accuracy of G/L accounts and department numbers assigned and approved by managers and prepare for reimbursement.
• Prepare and process all check payments to vendors on at least one check run every other month based on the schedule for that fiscal year.
• Set up new vendors as needed and maintain proper W-9 and certificates of insurance.
• Assist with fundraising events for both cash and credit card transactions.
• Cross train with Accounts Receivable in all aspects of the position to assist during vacations and absences.
• Assist in other GBFB responsibilities as assigned by Management.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Good communication skills, both oral and written.
• Must be detailed oriented.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite.
• Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet deadlines required.
• Be able to build and foster relationships across business functions.
• Must be a flexible team player.
Mandatory Education and Experience:
• Associates degree with two to four years of directly related experience.
• Previous experience with cloud-based accounting system as well as expense reporting system.
• Digital competency, including demonstrating proficiency in Microsoft Office platforms (Word, Excel, Outlook).
• Prior A/P and A/R experience required with an emphasis on A/P.
• Genuine appreciation of GBFB’s mission and the ability to communicate it.
• Demonstrates the required digital competencies that result in the effective usage of the full range of digital technologies at GBFB. Physical Demands
• Ability to work in an office environment
• Ability to sit for up to 3 hours at a time
• Ability to lift up to 25 lbs. Work Environment
• The job is performed indoors in a traditional office setting.
The Accounting Associate ensures the Accounts Payable of The Greater Boston Food Bank are processed accurately and paid in a timely manner. In this position GBFB Team member expense reports on their personal charge card are also…
Medical and Dental
The Greater Boston Food Bank provides medical and dental coverage to all full-time and part-time employees who work a minimum of 30 hours a week and their dependents effective upon hire date.
The Greater Boston Food Bank provides, at no cost, life insurance and accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D) insurance.
Domestic Partner Insurance
The Greater Boston Food Bank offers domestic partner benefits.
Employer Paid Short Term Disability
At no cost to the employee, short-term disability coverage is provided and will replace income up to 60%.
Employer Paid Long Term Disability
Long-term disability coverage is provided at no cost to eligible employees. The benefit pays 60% of base salary should an employee become totally disabled for more than 13 weeks. There is also a “Tax Choice” option which enables people to pay the taxes on the benefit up front in order to receive the full benefit without being taxed later.
Flexible Spending Accounts
Spending accounts will offer you a way to reimburse yourself for certain health care and dependent care with tax-free money from your paycheck.
New team members are automatically enrolled in the 401(k) on their date of hire and have the option to change the status at any time.
Flexible Working Arrangement
The normal business hours are 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM. Based on business need and supervisory approval, Flexible Work Arrangements are available.
Paid Time Off (PTO)
The Greater Boston Food Bank believes that you are the best person to manage your personal time. To make it easier for you to do that, we offer paid time off. You will receive a pool of days that you can take for vacation, sickness, or personal needs.
We observe the following holidays during the year:
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
The Greater Boston Food Bank has counseling professionals available to assist employees and their families with work and life issues. The EAP program is designed to provide immediate confidential counseling services and referrals when necessary.
Employee Referral Program
The Greater Boston Food Bank staff have the opportunity to help bring new talent into vacancies through our Employee Referral Program. Successful referrals result in Finders Fees.
Reimbursement to employees for a portion of tuition paid toward a bachelor’s degree or work-related post-graduate study after three months of employment.
Volunteerism is a uniquely American tradition. No other society relies so heavily on the voluntary donation of time and talent by its citizens to maintain its network of community services and institutions. The Greater Boston Food Bank believes that employee volunteerism is an increasingly important vehicle for achieving individual, community and corporate goals. Therefore, we sponsor a number of opportunities to support community involvement by employees.
Employees and their immediate family members are eligible for direct deposit, share draft/checking accounts, savings accounts and to apply for loans and other financial services.
Medical and Dental
The Greater Boston Food Bank provides medical and dental coverage to all full-time and part-time employees who work a minimum of 30 hours a week and their…