Tipo de contrato
Tiempo completo Con contrato
Detalles: Education Ministry contract
Fecha de inicio:
Fecha límite de postulación:
Zona Franca Salcedo
The Liceo Científico Dr Miguel Canela Lázarois the Dominican Republic’s first and only public STEM school currently serving 540 academically talented 7-12th grade students. It is an exemplary state school, working to change futures for children from local rural communities by giving them an excellent, university preparatory education.
The Hermanas Mirabal province is ideally located in the island's north east quadrant: it's the smaller province of Dominican Republic and it's quite all rural and there isn't any big city.
For the students at Liceo Científicoto have access to the best opportunities, they need to have a high standard of English.In 2017, several successfully passed the TOEFL exam, which will enable them to attend universities internationally. We now want to raise that figure and improve the English level of all students.
We are recruiting international faculty in all areas as we expand our enrollment, to teach core classes, to assist in curriculum improvement and implementation, and to co-teach and serve as as mentors for local Dominican teachers in training, who after a year of professional support, become full-fledged teachers.
The Liceo Científico is looking for a teacher to join the English (ESL) department to develop and strengthen teaching and learning. There are many opportunities to develop and grow the role, though responsibilities would typically include:
- Mentoring new teachers
- Planning and implementing an English Academy to support weaker students through structured peer teaching
- Teaching English lessons
- Developing the use of literature to teach ESL
- Developing extra-curricular English opportunities
Those interested can also contribute to the wider school mission through involvement with environmental programmes such as beach cleans, managing the green houses and community projects.
It is not necessary to speak fluent Spanish for this role, though it will help to have some knowledge of the language.
- 2 years of teaching experience (preferably English)
- Experience living/working abroad, especially in developing countries
- Previous training/mentoring experience useful
- Intercultural awareness- sensitive to cultural differences
- Adaptable- able to work with limited resources
- Pro-active and hands on attitude
- Minimum 12 months commitment
- Own room in shared accommodation
- Monthly living stipend of 45,000 RD$ (more or less US $1,000)
- Lunch at the Liceo Científico
- Transportationtoy from the Liceo Científico to home
Start date: August 2018
Own room in shared accommodation,
Lunch at the Liceo Científico
Transportation to y from the Liceo Científico
Nivel de idiomas
Nivel mínimo de educación
Those interested should send their CV and cover letter or ask more information to email@example.com