As Research Manager, you will be an integral member of the Global Resources Department team as we work toward our goal of growing annual revenue to $100M+. Your responsibilities will include identifying and assessing individual, foundation and corporate prospects with the capacity and propensity to make significant contributions to WCS; preparing briefing materials that enable fundraisers and executive staff to effectively cultivate and solicit both prospects and existing donors; and partnering with fundraisers on fundraising strategies.
Your responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
1. Identify key prospects and strategically review existing donors by: • Analyzing wealth indicators and reviewing other donor lists and source materials to determine worth, giving propensity, philanthropic interests and connection to WCS trustees/constituents in order to rate prospects by potential and likelihood to give to WCS.
• Utilizing databases (primarily DonorSearch) and other services to aid in strategic wealth screenings and building WCS’s donor pipeline.
• Monitoring media/publications/research source documents for new information on prospects and donors.
2. Prepare Briefing materials/profiles in collaboration with Research and senior fundraising staff• Develop new and update existing briefings, profiles, and relationship maps on major prospects and donors.
• Maintain digital profiles on shared database and update Salesforce records as necessary.
• Prepare research reports for senior fundraising and executive staff.
• Prepare bios on guests attending WCS events.
3. Work with Director, Prospect Research, and senior fundraising staff on strategy and portfolio development, maintenance and tracking of prospect lists • Regularly meet with fundraisers to assist in developing donor strategy for prospects and existing donors.
• As appropriate, support and attend prospect evaluation and donor strategy meetings.
• Attend/review debriefs of prospects visits and events as necessary.
4. Assist as needed with other research-related and Development projects.
Qualification Requirements :
B.A./B.S. and three to five years development, research or related experience. Must have excellent organizational and research skills, with thorough attention to detail. Strong written and oral communications skills and multi-tasking ability. Cooperative attitude and demonstrated ability to function as an integral part of a professional team. Intellectual curiosity and a strong interest in the WCS mission. Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office. Familiarity with prospect research sources, techniques, and tools. Experience with Salesforce (or similar database) and Lexis-Nexis. Ability to maintain confidentiality is crucial.
MLIS or equivalent. Knowledge of New York’s philanthropic and financial community a plus.
WCS is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to hiring and supporting a diverse workforce. We are committed to cultivating an inclusive work environment and look for future team members who share that same value. EOE/AA/M/F/Vets/Disabled
Bronx Zoo- Hybrid or Remote if outside the tri-state Area
As Research Manager, you will be an integral member of the Global Resources Department team as we work toward our goal of growing annual revenue to $100M+. Your responsibilities will include identifying and assessing…