The Staff Accountant reports to one of the managers within Finance (Controller, A/P Manager, Grants Director, or Real Estate Accounting Manager). In special circumstances, the Staff Account may report to the Payroll Manager. The Staff Accountant carries-out financial accounting work and assists with account reconciliations within the functional area assigned. This role may be called on to perform ad-hoc projects on demand, and will also provide support to the Controller and CFO.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Processes transactional accounting data for assigned areas of responsibility, which could include (but are not limited to), grants, cash management, fixed assets and payables.
• Prepares account reconciliations for assigned balance sheets and income statement accounts.
• Prepares journal entries and account analyses.
• Assists with monthly close procedures to provide management with timely financial results.
• Assists with year-end audit preparation.
• Distributes monthly financial statements.
• Responsible for the timely and accurate completion of the Agency’s bank account reconciliations as assigned.
• Assist operating and program managers with financial inquiries, and provide guidance and counsel to these individuals as needed.
• Assist in the preparation of schedules, statements and backup paperwork and participation as needed in the annual audit.
• If the Staff Accountant is assigned to report to the Payroll Manager, they will be responsible for only payroll responsibilities:
o Responsible for the timely and accurate input of all payroll data
o Review all payroll exceptions and resolve exceptions issues
o Provides employee assistance with time sheet errors and training,
o Reconcile all payroll expense and liability accounts on monthly/quarterly basis
o Quarterly/Year‐end reconciliation for the employer and employee data that is used in processing quarterly tax reports and W‐2s
MARGINAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Provides support to the A/P Manager, Grants Director, Controller, or CFO.
• May be required to work a flexible schedule.
• Required – a Bachelor’s degree with a major in Accounting from an accredited college or university.
• One (1) or more years of experience with general accounting.
• Experience in non-for profit and/or healthcare preferred.
The Staff Accountant reports to one of the managers within Finance (Controller, A/P Manager, Grants Director, or Real Estate Accounting Manager). In special circumstances, the Staff Account may report to the Payroll Manager. The Staff…