The Operations Manager will report directly to the Executive Director and is responsible for managing the operational, financial, IT, HR, and administrative functions; maintaining a set of internal functions that make it possible for the organization to hit its goals; assisting with organizational problem solving and helping to foster a workplace culture in which staff and employees will thrive.
Reports to: Executive Director. Supervises Operations Coordinator
Schedule Type: Full-time (Exempt). Occasional evenings and weekends required.
Location: Based in CAIR’s Santa Clara office. Requires some travel throughout the Bay Area.
- Manage our operational, financial, IT, HR, and administrative functions
- Ensure organizational effectiveness
- Assist with organizational problem solving
Manage operational, financial, IT, HR and administrative functions
- Ensure smooth day-to-day functioning of the organization; Evaluate non-profit performance by gathering, analyzing and interpreting data and metrics.
- Manage all aspects of office space, assets, supplies and equipment, including security, leases, contracts, and insurance.
- Responsible for being on site and managing the operations of the facility and organization Monday through Friday during business hours, and weekends as needed.
- Manage vendor relationships, contracts, and records.
- Ensure we are in full legal and organizational compliance by proactively looking for and flagging potential trouble spots.
- Participate in statewide Operations Committee to streamline shared office processes
- Continually improve operational systems processes and policies by innovating reporting of information, information flow and management, business process and organizational planning.
- Serve as thought partner to senior leadership team, Executive Director, Executive Director and CAIR-CA COO and CAIR-CA Chapter Manager in developing internal processes and driving culture shifts as we grow and mature as an organization.
- Efficiently manage departmental workflow and optimize inter-departmental communication.
- Play a key role in developing annual staff strategic planning sessions; oversee staff training budgets and professional development goals.
- Proactively spot and resolve organizational or individual ad hoc challenges that arise.
- Identify additional ways in which we could improve; take on other responsibilities as we grow.
- Develop and manage the annual budget, and individual program and department budgets, in collaboration with the Board Treasurer, Executive Director, Executive Director, and department managers
- Manage day-to-day financial management, planning, systems and controls, including maintaining operations, reserve and investment accounts, processing expenses and cash receipts, paying invoices, coding expenses and reimbursements, financial reports, and closing monthly books. Manage our participation in the CAIR-CA annual audit and any other oversight processes.
- Manage financial accounting related to fundraising and donor programs. Maintain and implement merchant service accounts, facilitating the most convenient methods of giving for donors; monitor stock contributions and communications with stock donors and supporting donor responses as various needs arise.
- Manage contract bookkeeper, independent auditors, and banking relationships.
- Ensure effective and efficient implementation of IT hardware, infrastructure and systems.
- Manage relations and projects with tech vendors to ensure seamless implementation of, upgrades to, or projects related to services.
- Manage HR activities including payroll, performance management systems, employee benefits schemes, drafting and updating HR policies; maintain office safety and health standards and required employment law postings.
- Manage the recruitment process to fill open positions by coordinating talent searches on relevant channels, screening resumes, helping hiring managers recruit great people to join our team.
- Institutionalize onboarding and off-boarding best practices and materials.
- Create and maintain employee records in compliance with all laws; create and maintain various management documents, including our employee manual, job descriptions, training plans, and organizational chart.
- Support organization-wide planning, development, and communications activities to ensure adherence to program, advocacy, development, and legal service delivery goals.
- Coordinate logistics and materials for internal staff meetings, board meetings, annual convenings or conferences led by governance and advisory boards, and other events, as needed.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- At least five years of experience in operations management or administrative field required for Manager level (in the nonprofit sector preferred).
- Understanding of business functions such as HR, finance, marketing, IT infrastructure, etc.
- Demonstrable competency in strategic planning and business development
- Working knowledge of data analysis and performance/operation metrics
- Commitment to social justice and CAIR’s mission and values
- Flexibility to adjust and contribute to continually evolving work situations and changing priorities.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong organizational and leadership abilities
- Good interpersonal and public speaking skills
- Aptitude in decision-making and problem-solving
- Experience in fundraising is a plus
- Conversational proficiency in Arabic, Farsi, or Urdu (preferred)
- Compensation in the range of $81,400-$90,200, commensurate with experience
- Fully paid Kaiser Health Insurance and Blue Cross PPO Dental Plan for employee and dependents
- 3% retirement matching contribution
- 10 paid holidays, 10 sick days, and 12 vacation days
Please submit (1) a cover letter discussing your interest in the position, (2) your resume, and (3) the names and contact information of three references via the link below.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis with priority given to those received by August 15, 2022.
CAIR-CA is an equal opportunity employer.