Full-Time; Exempt. Starting salary range: $87,045 - $95,000/annually
This is an in-office position, requires on-site work (4) days per week and (1) day remote.
Only applicants who reside in the Los Angeles Region and submit a cover letter will be considered.
***CCF IS A MANDATORY VACCINATION EMPLOYER***
California Community Foundation's mission is to lead positive systemic change that strengthens Los Angeles communities. We envision a future where all Angelenos have the opportunity to contribute to the productivity, health and well-being of our region. And we believe that our common fate will be determined by how successfully we improve the quality of life for all our residents. The impact we help create is of, by and for Los Angeles, because the community is our foundation.
CCF seeks to build a strong and diverse community. We strive to be an employer of choice – offering a competitive compensation package, development opportunities and a rewarding environment. CCF believes in equal opportunity for all, regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or other protected status. We consider qualified applicants in a manner consistent with federal, state, and local laws.
- Position Summary: The California Community Foundation (CCF) seeks to recruit an agile systems administrator professional to serve as our Systems Administrator. Reporting to the Director of IT, the Systems Administrator works with minimum supervision to customize and maintain a multi-platform IT infrastructure, ensuring efficiency and security. Provides specialized, technical end user support and assistance as well as advice on the use of computer hardware, software, and networks to staff in the various CCF departments. Monitors and adjusts the performance of existing networks and continually evaluates the current environment to help determine future network and infrastructure needs. Designs, programs and/or installs tools to help manage systems and application environment. Responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software. Ensures uptime for CCF on premises and cloud-based systems, including physical and virtual servers, that support CCF infrastructure and operational technologies. Keeps abreast of new developments in relevant technologies and develops long term strategies to streamline technical processes by reading journals and other pertinent publications, maintaining contact with vendors, and participating in professional organizations, meetings, and seminars.
- Recommends changes to improve systems and network configurations, and determines hardware or software requirements related to such changes.
- Provides system administration services in specialized areas such as software, critical computer/networked systems, and data access/analysis.
- Plans and implements new, upgrades and/or specialized software releases. Determines impact of changes, recommending and facilitating delivery to users.
- Monitors systems, servers and auxiliary devices for performance and security. Determines whether adjustments need to be made and confers with technical support staff and vendors as appropriate. Identifies changes that need to he made in the future.
- Troubleshoots and identifies hardware and software problems in a timely manner; resolves routine problems, replaces defective components and researches resources to identify solutions.
- Performs data backups and disaster recovery operations. Repairs and/or recovers systems
- Designs, configures, and tests computer hardware, networking software and operating system software.
- Plans, designs and conducts specialized end user training for groups or individuals.
- Provides endpoint and user support as needed.
- Assigns, modifies, and deletes user accounts and resolves security access problems; maintains integrity of the security system.
- Develops documentation for systems administration procedures.
- Stays informed of new developments and technologies by reading journals and other pertinent publications, maintaining contact with vendors, and participating in professional organizations, meetings and seminars.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested. CCF reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.
- Network Management: In consultation and coordination with the Director of IT, consultants, and hosting companies, the System Administrator maintains, updates, and supports the networking functions at optimum performance. Manages the network including routers, switches, firewalls, virtual desktop and servers, Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, e-mail systems, spam filters, anti-virus and anti-malware, content management, websites, database systems and application servers, storage, cloud services (Azure/AWS), backup, disaster recovery, documentation, monitors security, and ensures high availability. Researches, evaluates, and recommends technology solutions for needed functions.
- Enterprise Applications: Serves as application administrator for core businesses applications. Manage user access to applications based on the requirement of their roles. Ensure that all mission-critical applications are highly available to users and that problems resulting in systems going off-line are quickly addressed. Work with vendor support to solve problems that cannot be handled internally. Keep the test environment updated regularly with copies of the production databases. Stay informed about vendors’ software updates. Ensure proper integration between systems and web sites where needed. Document database and application processes.
- Training: Work with staff and management to train users in the core business applications. This will include understanding the specific systems and specific processes related to job requirements, developing a curriculum, and holding training classes.
- Reporting: Work with users on ways to gather accurate data and develop data architecture based on requirements. Help users understand and adopt best practices for maintaining high quality data in all systems.
- Customer Service: Provide desktop and user support as needed.
- General: As appropriate, assists other departments and works as a member of interdepartmental teams to ensure the effective and efficient operations of CCF. At all times, demonstrates cooperative behavior with supervisors and coworkers. Other duties as assigned, dependent on organizational needs and employee skills.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, information technology or on the job training with over 10 years of experience in a similar capacity.
- Experience: At least five years of advanced understanding of and experience with on premises and/or cloud systems administration, backups, operating systems, programming languages, and associated hardware platforms.
- Previous experience with Blackbaud suite of applications, including Raiser’s Edge and Granted GE or similar Financial, Customer Relationship and Enterprise application systems is a plus.
- Communication: Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills. Experience training users in classroom setting and individually. Ability to provide exceptional customer service.
- Project Management Skills: Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to multi-task. Strong analytical skills. Ability to prioritize work and adjust to multiple demands. Solid meeting management skills.
- Technical: Ability to work well independently and as team member. Ability to take initiative and follow tasks through to completion. Ability to lead a team toward CCF's goals, leveraging each team member's skill set.
- Teamwork & General Skills: Ability to work well independently and as team member. Ability to take initiative, and follow tasks through to completion. Must be available to work off-hour shifts and provide on-call support as required.