Since 1980, Maternity Care Coalition has assisted more than 140,000 families throughout Southeastern Pennsylvania, focusing particularly on neighborhoods with high rates of poverty, infant mortality, health disparities, and changing immigration patterns. We know a family’s needs change as they go through the pregnancy and their child’s first years, and we offer a range of services and programs for every step along the way. The mission of Maternity Care Coalition is to improve the health and well-being of pregnant women and parenting families and enhance school readiness for children 0-3.
In alignment with MCC’s core values and strategic priorities, reporting to the Vice President of Advancement & External Affairs, and in partnership with the Chief Executive Officer, the Director of Individual and Corporate Giving is responsible for developing and implementing a comprehensive fundraising strategy that drives growth and sustainability with a specific goal of increasing unrestricted revenue from individuals and corporations.
The Director of Individual and Corporate Giving is responsible for creating and operationalizing a strategic plan for increasing unrestricted revenue that will address moving donors up the pipeline and improving donor retention rates. They will oversee key areas such as: Annual Appeals, The Advocates Giving Circle (annual gifts of $2,500), Volunteer Management and Corporate Sponsorships. They will skillfully cultivate, maintain, and build relationships with key stakeholder groups, including all MCC staff, consultants, donors, board members, and other committee volunteers.
MCC COVID-19 Health and Safety Action
In accordance with MCC's commitment to provide a safe environment for employees and families, and to prevent the spread of COVID-19, proof of vaccination is required.
Annual Giving Strategy
- Responsible for setting and implementing annual unrestricted fundraising plans
- Responsible for the oversight of the team’s fund developing activity including annual appeals (print, digital, phone, & email) fundraising events, sponsorship materials, and will specifically create and build out MCC’s Annual Major Donor Program (The Advocates Giving Circle) focused on individuals who make gifts of $2,500 annually
Leadership and Management
- Oversee their department’s staff which includes directly supervising the Development Manager (Development Manager supervises a Development Coordinator), as well as relevant consultant(s) and volunteers including the activities and responsibilities of each of those roles
- Sets clear performance expectations and works with team members to meet their goals through frequent feedback, mentoring, coaching, and ensuring open communication in team building that embrace and optimize the team’s strengths and diversity
- Works closely with other staff to manage interdepartmental projects, and serve as a member of cross-departmental agency teams such as the Organizational Steering Committee
Individual and Corporate Giving
- Responsible for setting, communicating, and monitoring the strategy for mid-level and major donors ($2,500) donors as well as corporate sponsors ($5,000) through implementing strategies that support the full donor cycle (Identification, Cultivation, Solicitation, and Stewardship)
- Accountable for retaining both individual donors and corporate sponsors, garnering new supporters, and increasing donations each year to grow agency unrestricted funding
- In partnership with the Vice President of Advancement and External Affairs, collaborate on identifying donors and corporate sponsors as principal gift prospects
Event Management and Agency Speaking
- Oversees the strategy, planning, budgeting, and implementation of MCC’s annual fundraising event, Celebrating Mothers Brunch, aimed at raising unrestricted revenue
- In partnership with the External Affairs, Programs, and Executive teams, serves as a lead in identifying and planning new development, volunteer, and/or community engagement event opportunities, which provide an increase in funding for the agency
- Works closely with key partners, event consultant(s), vendors, volunteers, and MCC staff to ensure event collaboration and success across all phases of the planning and implementation.
- Represents MCC in the community (networking and/or tabling events, speaking engagements)
- Organize, motivate, and lead volunteers through event host committees such as The Celebrating Mothers Brunch Committee
- Recruits new committee members to increase the diversity of MCC’s volunteer committees while focusing on DEIJ and increasing unrestricted funds
- Support the VP of Advancement and External Affairs in the management of the Advancement Committee of the Board of Directors
Development Operations & Data Management
- Support the Development Manager and Development Coordinator, who serves as the CRM administrators for the organization.
- Oversee the production of Weekly Unrestricted Revenue Giving Reports aimed at helping to measure progress towards goal for individual donors and corporate giving
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Demonstrated understanding of Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Justice Principles. Model inclusive practices and respect for differences.
- Candidates with diverse backgrounds and experiences are strongly encouraged to apply
- Creativity and the ability to introduce and implement innovative ideas and approaches
- Compelling storyteller able to construct a motivation for giving from conception to finish
- Skilled at building relationships and collaborating with diverse groups, independently and as an effective team member
- Excellent skills in communications, project management and administration, including the ability to set priorities, handle multiple tasks and manage time effectively
- Computer competency in word processing, preferably Microsoft Office, website, fundraising applications, and social media.
Experience, Education, and Licensure
- Minimum of four years of development experience with a demonstrated time spent solicitating donations, crafting annual appeals, and working philanthropically with individuals or corporations
- Minimum of 2 years of supervisory experience
- Preference for candidates with event fundraising experience and volunteer management experience
- BS/BA or equivalent lived or professional experience
Other Position Factors
The other position factors described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential tasks of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
- Operate related office equipment and use necessary tools. Regular keyboarding and computer use.
- Although work is primarily indoors, you may be required to travel outside to client and community locations.
- Position may require occasional trips to attend conferences, seminars, and meetings.
- May require working non-traditional hours for evening meetings and weekend events.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Maternity Care Coalition (MCC) is committed to creating a diverse (workplace) environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status.
Compensation and Benefits
The salary is $70K-$80K and is commensurate with- lived and/or professional experience. MCC offers health, dental, and vision insurance, flexible spending accounts, paid parental leave, retirement savings and paid time off.