Originally founded in 1991 as Harlem RBI, DREAM has grown to annually serve more than 2,500 youth across East Harlem and the South Bronx through a network of six PreK-12, extended-day, extended-year DREAM Charter Schools and community sports-based youth development programs. Through our commitment to rigorous academics, social-emotional learning, deep family and community engagement, and health and wellness, we create lifelong learners who are equipped to fulfill their vision of success in and out of the classroom. We dream big, as well, with an aggressive five-year plan to expand to serve 3,500 students across seven schools—growing our organization's impact and leveling the playing field for all children. To learn more, visit wearedream.org.
Reporting to the Managing Director of Programs, the Network Director of Mental Health will be responsible for leading strategy across DREAM schools to ensure the mental health needs of all students are met. This is an exciting opportunity for an individual who has extensive knowledge of best practices in mental health for students.
- Supervise a team of mental health providers, including leading clinical supervision and regular professional development;
- Develop a comprehensive, multi-year organizational mental health strategy with clear goals, and collaborate with key organizational leaders to execute;
- Collaborate with Network Director of Special Education to ensure compliance with student counseling mandates and non-mandated counseling needs;
- Plan and coordinate family workshop sessions on social emotional learning and mental health for families in collaboration with Family and Community Engagement Department;
- Gather and analyze data to identify gaps and evaluate mental health services across the network;
- Execute systems to ensure all mental health needs are identified with clear next steps, and ensure airtight systems for follow-up and follow-through;
- Build network of external partners and resources to ensure we are using evidence-based best practices to meet unique needs of students and families;
- Create and maintain effective collaboration structures between mental health providers and key stakeholders (families, teachers, student life team);
- Build strong systems for data collection and tracking to document needs, services, and progress towards students social-emotional goals;
- Provide crisis intervention and risk assessment, as needed;
- Manage direct caseload of students across the network, as needed;
- Perform other tasks as may be assigned by the Managing Director of Programs.
- Master's Degree in Social Work or Mental Health Counseling
- Licensed by the State of NY as an LCSW or Licensed Clinical Psychologist
- Experience supervising clinical staff providing services to children and adolescents
- Proven track record of excellent strategic planning and organizational skills
- Knowledge of New York City Mental Health services and agencies, preferred
- Willingness to be hands-on and do whatever it takes to develop and maintain a comprehensive program of mental health services to all DREAM students
- Ability to think critically and maintain a detail-orientation when accomplishing all tasks
- Exemplary interpersonal skills for a wide variety of stakeholders from staff to families to students to external partners
- A strong belief in the mission and values of DREAM, including the desire to make a difference in the lives of our students, families, and community
DREAM's VACCINATION POLICY
DREAM requires vaccination against COVID-19 for all employees, including a booster dose. Reasonable Accommodations based on a qualifying disability or sincerely held religious belief are being considered in accordance with applicable law.
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY, EQUITY, AND INCLUSION
At DREAM, diversity, equity, and inclusion are a matter of mission.
From our schools to our playing fields, DREAM is committed to building a team where each individual can bring their full identity and experience to work because representation matters—it enriches our team culture, enhances our ability to innovate, and strengthens our impact in and out of the classroom. DREAM engages staff that represent and appreciate the diversity of our majority Black and Hispanic student body, while working to ensure that our practices are equitable, welcoming, and productive. We are dedicated to creating a world where youth, especially youth of color, have permission to dream—along with the tools and opportunities to make their dreams reality.
Come dream with us.
All Kids Can. This Kid Can.
DREAM is Family.
Fun is a Serious Value.
Teamwork Makes the DREAM Work.
Fail. Persist. Exceed.
<img src="https://www.click2apply.net/v/DokOGOuJXl8yt2dRh2xZ7" />