The Stewardship & Events Officer ensures that all internal and external events at Williamson College of the Trades maintains the high standard of quality that provides ample stewardship opportunities for alumni, friends, and partners of the College. This individual will serve as the representative of Williamson in many capacities while still maintaining strong project management and detailed records of all events and interactions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities/Functions
- Organizes, coordinates, promotes, and executes major special events including but not limited to: Reunions, Homecoming Weekend, Founder’s Day, IV Club Induction, Scholarship Celebration Dinner, and Rowan Day.
- Works extensively in the data base to segment audiences who should be reached for events and mailings. Reviews and analyzes guest lists.
- Working closely with key staff in the Advancement Office, develops, organizes, and executes events with an eye toward stewarding and recognizing key donors and encouraging additional alumni participation on campus.
- Maintains communication with speakers, vendors, and participants.
- Develops and executes a plan of post event communication including thank you notes, photographs, etc. from the appropriate executive.
- Coordinates and monitors event planning timelines based on the production of the annual calendar of events.
- Prepares a variety of publications, materials, programs, draft speeches, guest biographies, name tags, guest profiles and event briefings for each event.
- Maintains a list of keynote speaker prospects for all major events a year in advance.
- Serve as the Person of Support (POS) for all interdepartmental events with require Advancement support, such as Commencement and Career Fair.
- Attends all Operations Staff meetings on events and communicates the information to the Advancement Department and coordinates advancement roles and responsibilities.
- Gathers input from Advancement Department for input into the AARs.
- Schedules, plans, and coordinates all campus tours for external guest visits. Communicates in advance with the guests and assures that all arrangements are in place.
- Recruits, manages, and trains student ambassadors.
- Creates, tracks, and reports all event information in Raiser’s Edge.
- Pulls guest lists and other lists from Raisers Edge based on criteria determined.
- Maintains current knowledge of best practices and confidentiality of all information.
- Acts as liaison to internal groups such as the Auxiliary and local community groups for Williamson, including but not limited to: Union League, Chambers of Commerce, Business Bureau, etc.
- Provides administrative assistance to the Associate Vice President and Vice President for Institutional Advancement.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications (Skills and Abilities Required)
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3+ years of experience in event management; nonprofit events preferred.
- Strong interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel. Knowledge of mail merge and basic Excel formulations a necessity.
- Familiarity with and proficiency in office databases; familiarity with Raiser’s Edge preferred.
- Project management experience with proven ability to keep projects ahead of schedule.
- Exceptional writing and proof-reading skills.
- Excellent command of detail and ability to multi-task.
- General knowledge of computer, printer, and other office equipment.
- Utilization of social media platforms.
- Familiarity with AV, recording, and livestream technology.
- Licensed driver, as some travel will be required.
- Long and irregular hours required at times.
- Works in a clean, well-lighted, temperature-controlled environment.
- Routine office work with extensive sitting, standing, bending, stooping, climbing stairs, and walking around the campus.
- Ability to lift and carry no more than 25 pounds.
Supervisory Responsibility Event Volunteers/Student Ambassadors