TalkingPoints is an award-winning education technology non-profit organization with the mission to unlock the potential of low-income, underserved families to support their children’s learning by partnering with their children’s schools. COVID-19 remote learning environment has made our mission ever more urgent and important. We’re building a one-of-a-kind product in the market, a multilingual family engagement platform that connects families and teachers using human and artificial intelligence powered, two-way translated messages and personalized supports—eliminating language, time limitations, and know-how as barriers to school/family connection.
Millions of teachers and families are using TalkingPoints in their classrooms and schools and districts across the U.S. TalkingPoints works with key school district partners such as Oakland Unified, Wake County and NYC DOE. We have won awards from NYU, MIT, Google.org, Ashoka, Forbes and are backed by Google.org, AT&T, Carnegie Corporation, Schmidt Futures, Stanford University and NewSchools Venture Fund, to name a few. Most recently we were named an evidence-based learning platform to support by MIT’s J-Pal, and our research partners include University of Chicago and MIT. Learn more.
Diversity: we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it!
The SaaS Senior Product Manager at TalkingPoints manages our K-12 school & district platforms that support effective educator-family communication, strong family engagement, and improved student outcomes.
Key areas of your work will include:
- Strategically managing TalkingPoints enterprise product roadmap in support of scale and impact.
- Understanding the competitive landscape and how it inputs into our product roadmap, marketing, positioning.
- Collaborating with Marketing and Partnerships teams to communicate our platform advantages to partners and prospective customers, and understand opportunities and needs to input into product roadmap.
- Working with Partnerships, Finance and management team to input into cost and pricing strategy in support of scale, impact and sustainability.
- Leading and managing product development process, including daily standups and regular planning meetings, in collaboration with other Product Managers and Engineering Manager.
Who you are
The ideal candidate will have most or all of the following:
- 8+ years experience supporting SaaS product development/management.
- Experience driving successful development and launch of SaaS products at scale, both web and mobile-based, for large customers/partners.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss product and technical concepts, manage tradeoffs and evaluate innovative new ideas.
- Strong communication, collaboration and influencing skills with ability to coordinate and manage competing internal and external stakeholders and priorities.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to experiment, use data and research to back up assumptions, recommendations and drive actions.
- Specific technical expertise including:
- Agile methodology and practices
- User research and analytics: e.g., A/B testing, Tableau, MixPanel
- Experience managing API integrations/products
- Cybersecurity certification/protocols
Overall fit with our org culture - we look for team members who are:
- User and mission-oriented: we are devoted to our mission with empathy towards the communities we serve.
- All-in together: we go above and beyond the job description, working together as a team.
- Agile & action-oriented: we get things done, knowing that our progress is urgent to our communities.
- Always Learning: we are always learning, with a growth mindset, to reach our full potential.
- Boldly Courageous: we take risks in order to achieve big things.
- Resourceful: We are creative, solution-oriented, and scrappy.
What we offer
- An incredible opportunity to build a mission-driven, rapidly growing startup tech nonprofit
- Competitive salary, full coverage health insurance, benefits, and unlimited vacation
- 401K match
- Flexibility to work remotely
- Fun, smart, dynamic, motivated team focused on working together to transform family engagement to serve the families who need it most
How to apply
Please submit your resume, a brief paragraph describing your interest, and a link to your LinkedIn profile