Harlem Educational Activities Fund (HEAF) is a comprehensive supplemental education and youth development organization dedicated to assisting motivated students in developing the intellectual curiosity, academic ability, social values, and personal resilience required to succeed in school, career, and life. Through various after-school and summer educational and youth development programs, HEAF identifies and supports middle school scholars and continues supporting them until they graduate from a four-year college.
Our College Quest (High School) program serves 9th through 11th graders, their families, and communities through after-school and Saturday programs. College Quest combines academic enrichment and experiential learning to prepare students for college. The College Quest Manager will design a portfolio of programs that suits scholars' needs. Summer exposure, job shadowing, career days, college essay/planning seminars, etc. HEAF focuses on participants' long-term vision and offers them tools, resources, and social-emotional support to succeed in college and career.
Position Description: The College Quest Manager will be responsible for assisting in the development and implementation of all high school programming. The College Quest Manager will report directly to the Director of College Quest and assist with the support of the College Quest Coordinator.
Job Type: Full Time (In-Person)
Location: Manhattan (Harlem) 2090 Adam Clayton Powell Blvd, New York, NY 10027
Schedule: Academic Year- Monday- Friday 11 AM- 7 PM
July 1-August 31: Monday -Thursday 9 AM- 5 PM
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Program Development and Implementation
● Co-design program initiatives with the High School team to meet existing and developing internal/external goals/contractual obligations.
● Oversee curriculum development and program planning to ensure horizontal and vertical alignment.
● Along with the Director, evaluate short-term and intermediate program outcomes.
● Connect and collaborate with outside organizations to integrate programs and opportunities around peer education, employment, and enrichment into the high school program.
● Guide the planning and execution of social events and special activities in keeping with overall program goals.
● Support in creating and implementing programs that fulfill grant obligations across college Quest Brooklyn and Harlem location
● Where needed, assist in the facilitation of high school course offerings
● Assist in the planning and developing of Summer Quest and Transition to High School.
Administrative & Data Management:
● Manage the program database, Salesforce
● Collect data and compile program reports.
● Support database management:
● Ensure timely entry for all program data.
● Monitor and report on student progress, academic performance, and attendance
● Ensure students meet HEAF academic/attendance requirements
● Generate written weekly program reports and other reports as requested by other departments
● Collaborate with high schools and parents to obtain student report cards and transcripts
● Assist the College Quest Director with the strategic planning of the high school budget.
General Job Requirements:
● Bachelor's Degree and 1-3 years of experience teaching, counseling, or working with adolescents in an educational environment
● Strong verbal, written, and computer skills are essential (knowledge of Salesforce is a plus)
● Bilingual (Spanish/English) candidates are highly encouraged to apply
● CPR certification preferred
● Outstanding collaborative skills and organizational skills
● Willingness to learn and utilize the progressive program and instructional models
● Familiarity with NYS Common Core curriculum
● Unflappable self-starter who can effectively manage a wide range of tasks and projects
● Goal-oriented and a solid commitment to meeting goals
● Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
● Flexibility and ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced and changing educational environment.
HEAF Vaccination Policy:
● We require all HEAF new hires to be vaccinated and boosted against COVID-19 before their start date.
Compensation: $53k annually
Harlem Educational Activities Fund (HEAF) is a comprehensive supplemental education and youth development organization dedicated to assisting motivated students in developing the intellectual curiosity, academic ability, social…