Tipo de contrato
Tiempo completo Con contrato
Detalles: G5, según escala salaria UN
1460 Avenida Santa Fe
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Under the direct supervision of the Sr Regional Resource Management Officer (RRMO) of Regional Office in Buenos Aires (RO) and in coordination with the Regional Resource Management Support Officer (RRMSO) in the Regional Office Buenos Aires, the successful candidate will be responsible for performing the administrative and accounting tasks of the IOM Regional Office in Buenos Aires and providing support to the country offices as required.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
1. Provide overall support to the Resources Management Unit (RMU) in the Regional Office in resource management matters related to the activities in monitoring the administrative, financial, procurement and other administrative activities of the Regional Office in Buenos Aires and Country Offices as required. Carry out all financial transactions of the Regional Officer in line with IOM financial regulations;
2. Maintain IOM financial accounts and enter the Regional Office financial transactions into IOM accounting system SAP/PRISM;
3. Assist in preparation of budgets, accounting reports, financial reports, statistical reports and other reports as required. Respond to accounting, budget or financial queries regarding data as required;
4. Assist in closely monitoring, on a regular basis, budget versus actual financial data in relation to the implementation of any operational activities of the Regional Office and in the timely preparation of financial reports for the Regional Office projects according to donor relevant requirements;
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
5. Suggest improvements to Regional Office internal controls to safeguard the Organization’s assets;
6. Review validity checks on monthly payroll projectization results of the Regional Office;
7. Process all payment requests and ensure appropriate and timely payments to suppliers and staff members;
8. Supervise the imprest accounts and guarantee the safe custody of all available cash;
9. Maintain a filing system and ensure that all RMU documents and paid vouchers are properly filed and updated in the order in which they are entered in PRISM;
10. Analyse and reconcile various service providers accounts to verify that invoices are correct, projects are charged a true and fair cost of their usage and that any private usage is duly recovered/reimbursed;
11. Assist in the preparation of the Regional Office monthly accounts closure in compliance with the accounts closure checklist;
12. Ensure all Travel Authorizations are duly completed before staff is authorized to travel and Check all TAs and expense claims are duly completed and all supporting documents are attached prior to dispatch for computation and reimbursement;
13. Provide general guidance on accounting, financial policies and procedures to the RO Units and Country Offices, as required;
14. Undertake official duty travels to provide Resources Management to the Country Offices as requested.
In coordination with the RRMO and Regional Procurement and Supply Officer,
15. Assist the overall office procurement requirements and optimize purchasing power;
16. Identify potential vendors, participate in vendor’s appraisals and, if suitable and approved, register them in PRISM (SAP) system;
17. Assist in implementing procurement activities to include obtaining quotations, preparing evaluations and recommendations, issuing Purchase Requisitions (PR) Purchase Orders (PO) or Service Agreements (SA) and delivery of goods/services in accordance to IOM procurement guidelines;
18. Ensure that office asset inventory is in line with IOM Assets inventory policy and maintain updated asset inventory report;
19. Provide support to the alternate Security Focal Point performing the corresponding duties during the absence of the SFP;
20. Performs any other duty as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
Bachelor degree in Accounting, Commerce, Business Administration or a related discipline;
University degree in related fields or professional certification
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience in accounting, financial reporting and budget tracking (or five years for candidates holding school diploma/certificate);
• Experience in liaison with national, regional and international institutions;
• A high level of computer literacy, in computerized accounting systems (including SAP);
• Knowledge of EU funding related reporting requirements;
• Previous work experience in international organizations and companies would be an advantage
Fluency in English and Spanish is required.
Fluency in Portuguese is an Advantage.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following competencies:
• Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms
• Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders
• Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others
• Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience
• Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services
• Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
• Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others.
• Planning and Organizing - plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
• Professionalism - displays mastery of subject matter
• Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation.
• Technological Awareness - displays awareness of relevant technological solutions;
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighbouring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighbouring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable.
Nivel mínimo de educación
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via e-mail: email@example.com
System, by April 8th, 2018 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
From 02.04.2018 to 08.04.2018