Position: Development Manager, Greater Illinois Chapter
Reports To: Development Director, Greater Illinois Chapter
Position Status: Full Time
Location: Telecommute - Chicago Metro
The Parkinson's Foundation (PF) makes life better for people with Parkinson’s disease by improving care and advancing research toward a cure. In everything we do, we build on the energy, experience, and passion of our global Parkinson's community. The Greater Illinois Chapter serves our Parkinson’s community in Illinois, Indiana, and Wisconsin.
The Development Manager is responsible for furthering the mission by managing and executing fundraising events, and related participant recruitment, volunteer development and donor and sponsor relations. The person in this role will cultivate partnerships and alliances that promote awareness of PF within the community and grow these signature events.
The position encompasses three main areas of focus and responsibility: Recruitment & Fundraising, Planning & Logistics and Community & Volunteer Engagement:
Recruiting & Fundraising – 70%
- Achieve fundraising and recruitment goals for a portfolio of community-based fundraising events including Moving Day and Parkinson’s Revolution.
- Secure sponsors for fundraising events and education programs; provide annual partnership offerings.
- Maintain corporate sponsor relationships with pharmaceutical companies and actively seek new business/ corporate sponsor
- Direct the identification, recruitment, cultivation, and recognition for fundraising participants and teams to ensure event fundraising and recruitment goals are met.
- Identify, cultivate and steward donors to secure individual and Reach Further campaign gifts up to $10,000
Planning & Logistics – 15%
- Produce fundraising events, including executing logistics, and securing event venues and vendors, including all necessary permits, contracts and payments.
- Manage Chapter fundraising event budgets.
- Work with the Director to create, and implement a strategic plan to meet Chapter fundraising goals.
- Assist event participants in navigating the fundraising event websites and social media tools.
- Order collateral materials related to fundraising events including marketing materials, signage, t-shirts, incentive prizes giveaways, etc.
- Develop and execute a marketing plan for the Chapter and its fundraising events, including promotional materials, websites, social media, public relations, email communications, and monthly e-blasts.
Community & Volunteer Engagement – 10%
- Recruit, train, and manage local volunteer and committee members to assist in implementing the Chapter’s strategic plan and fundraising events.
- Build new and maintain existing relationships with existing Parkinson’s Foundation community partners and professionals.
- Actively seek opportunities to address community needs and positively impact local community while advancing the mission, goals and values.
- Serve as a representative for Parkinson’s Foundation, presenting to various groups promoting the Foundation, the Chapter, and its events and acting as spokesperson when necessary.
Other – 5%
- Maintain accurate records and files for constituents, donors, fundraising events, programs, and activities.
- Prepare routine reports to share with leadership through analysis of event metrics.
- Keep abreast of national office activities and adequately utilizing available resources.
- · Be knowledgeable about Parkinson’s disease and the Foundation’s strategic plan and operations.
- · Perform all other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree and minimum of 3 years of experience in fundraising, preferably within a non-profit organization.
- Proven experience with peer-to-peer fundraising.
- Capable of building and sustaining relationships with a variety of individuals and organizations.
- Ability to provide a high level of customer service and motivation to participants as well as business and social leaders.
- Ability to close face-to-face sales and sponsorships.
- Strong volunteer recruitment and management skills
- Proven and significant skills in planning, budgeting, and volunteer development.
- Outgoing, energetic, with strong written, verbal and problem-solving skills.
- Organized, detail-oriented, able to adhere to timelines and prioritize.
- Strong computer skills, proficient with MS Office suite.
- Proficiency in Raiser’s Edge and Luminate is a plus.
- Proficiency in Facebook, Instagram, Twitter.
- Ability to work a variety of hours as needed including days, nights, and weekends.
- Must be able to lift at least 20 lbs. from the ground to waist level with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Must have reliable transportation and a valid driver’s license.
- Ability to travel throughout the chapter 20% of the time
Compensation for this position is competitive and depends on prior experience. In addition, a comprehensive benefits package is included.