The Immigrant Defense Project (IDP) is a New York City-based nonprofit with a team of 20 staff who engage in work throughout the nation to secure fairness and justice for all immigrants by transforming the racially-biased U.S. criminal and immigration systems. IDP was founded twenty years ago to address the crisis of escalating criminalization and mass deportation, and our work attacks the injustices at the intersection of the criminal and immigration systems via a multi-pronged strategy. We strengthen immigrant defense through training and expert advice, challenge unfair laws through impact litigation, shape just policies through advocacy, work alongside communities and advocates through alliance building and education, and challenge negative narratives about immigrants through strategic communications.
IDP is seeking an Administrative Assistant to join our hybrid team here in New York City. The Administrative Assistant will report directly to the Manager of Operations and Finance and will work to support all IDP staff and the Leadership team in their virtual and in-person day-to-day functions. This role will provide critical support around Finance and Administration, Development and Fundraising Operations, Facilities, and General Administrative Support.
The successful candidate will have demonstrated office management, executive support, and administrative assistance experience. IDP is looking for an organized and resourceful Administrative Assistant ready to creatively problem-solve, collaborate, and take initiative when needed. The Administrative Assistant should be committed to delivering high-quality work, with strong attention to detail, in a timely manner.
Finance and Administration
● Track and submit bi-monthly organizational credit card reports to the Executive Director. This includes filing receipts and invoices, managing appropriate vendor files, tracking and assigning cost centers and budget categories
● Be the main point of contact for all consultants and vendors by processing
regular billing, weekly invoices, answering questions, and troubleshooting issues that may arise
● Overseeing and processing all accounts payable and receivable
● Track and maintain an operations calendar to monitor contract terms and renewals
● Assist in communication with fiscal sponsor on consultant payments and tax related inquiries
General Administrative Support
● Assist IDP staff with various administrative tasks, which may include: technical support, account/document access, coordinating physical mailing of documents, and other ad-hoc and troubleshooting issues that may arise
● Process and file incoming mail and online webforms as received
● Provide support to the Operations team with website maintenance by editing pages, uploading files, and making necessary revisions
● Assist the Operations and Leadership teams with staff onboarding and onboarding as needed
● Assist the Manager of Operations and Finance with regular maintenance of various operating systems, which include: Zoom, Microsoft 365, Google, Concur, and Mailchimp
● Maintain and update IDP’s account information across various platforms
● Provide logistical support to IDP staff on production, publicity, and distribution of online publications
● Provide logistical support for IDP trainings, seminars, and external events as needed
● Provide onsite facility support, at least twice per week or as needed, by maintaining the office space, ordering supplies, and liaising with building and office management
● Assist Manager of Operations and Finance and the Leadership team in maintaining Donorbox and Little Green Light by updating donor records, troubleshooting issues around payments or cancellations, and producing monthly donation reports and other data analysis as needed
● Assisting with logistical support of yearly End of Year Appeal in collaboration with the Development and Leadership teams by acting as a liaison with a printing house, creating and maintaining donor campaign pages on IDP’s website, and producing monthly reports and other data analysis as needed
● Demonstrated commitment to IDP’s mission of fighting for the rights of all immigrants
● High School Diploma required; Bachelor's Degree preferred
● Excellent writer, communicator, customer service, and interpersonal skills"
● Excellent organizational skills, strong attention to detail, and ability to meet deadlines
● Ability to work in a respectful, non-judgmental manner with impacted individuals (including people accused or convicted of serious crimes), and to work collaboratively, respectfully and supportively
● Ability to work in a respectful, supportive and collaborative manner across teams at IDP. Because IDP is an organization primarily staffed by attorneys, the candidate should have an ability and interest in collaborating with attorneys whose technical expertise is critical to our work.
● Proficiency and demonstrated ability with tools and skills required to work in a hybrid environment, including in the use of Microsoft Office 365, Slack, MailChimp, and Google Workspace"
The Immigrant Defense Project (IDP) is a New York City-based nonprofit with a team of 20 staff who engage in work throughout the nation to secure fairness and justice for all immigrants by transforming the racially-biased U.S. criminal and…
The salary range for this position is $50,000 - $60,000, commensurate with experience. Immigrant Defense Project provides a comprehensive benefits package including:
● 20 vacation days, additional public holidays,and summer Fridays,
● Stipend for cell phone and other work from home expenses
● Paid six-week sabbatical after 6 years of employment
● Generous medical and dental coverage
● Commuter benefits, flex spending accounts, and generous 401k matching program
● Yearly home office stipend, monthly cell phone and internet reimbursement, and a yearly reimbursement and support to attend training
This is a hybrid position with in-person requirements. Applicants must be able to commute to downtown New York City at least two times a week or as needed.
The salary range for this position is $50,000 - $60,000, commensurate with experience. Immigrant Defense Project provides a comprehensive benefits package including…
Please email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading “Administrative Assistant .” Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled, with priority given to applications received by June 2nd, 2023.
Please email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the subject heading “Administrative Assistant .” Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the…