Responsible for providing support for CancerCare events and development functions, with a special focus on data entry, securing and tracking in-kind solicitations, creating and distributing eblast communications, ensuring the accuracy of donor acknowledgments, and coordinating event volunteers.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills to work with diverse individuals and volunteers internally and externally.
- External relations: Interacts with trustees, committee members, donors, and vendors.
- Internal relations: Works with all members of the Development and Communications staff to ensure that assigned projects are completed in a timely manner.
- Willingness to work in a team environment.
- Provide support for all CancerCare events throughout the year, including the CancerCare Galas, Walk/Run for Hope Series, and golf outings with a focus on auction and volunteer coordination.
- Auction Coordination.
- Working closely with Board and Committee members to assist with solicitation and conducting follow-up calls, responsible for creating and facilitating new and renewal solicitations for auction, raffle, and gift bag items.
- Track all in-kind donations and works with donors to ensure all items arrive in time for the auction.
- Works with the events team to pack and label all items.
- Create auction item descriptions and materials (e.g., certificates and signage.)
- Oversee silent auction set-up.
- Prepare post-event acknowledgment letters for all in-kind gifts.
- Work with the special events staff to facilitate post-event duties, including follow-up calls, item shipment, etc.
- Volunteer Coordination for Special Events.
- Assist with recruitment of volunteers for all special events as needed. Create and maintain online recruitment postings at various sites.
- Maintain relationships with key volunteer contacts for various organizations that assist CancerCare with special events.
- Maintain updated volunteer records in Raisers Edge database.
- Prepare materials for volunteer orientation; assign and train volunteers for specific tasks.
- Conduct volunteer feedback and implement suggestions/changes into the next event.
- Acknowledge all volunteers after the events and provide special letters of recommendation and community service letters upon request.
- Provide on-site support for events and oversee various aspects of event set-up and breakdown.
- Generate mailing lists using Raisers Edge to query and export data.
- Work with various vendors to design and order awards and other events-related promotion items.
- Assist the special events team in developing and editing copy for all event-related materials (journals, invitations, signage, emails, etc.).
- Assist with event registrations and gift coding.
- Other Event-Related Tasks.
- Raisers Edge or donor management system knowledge is required.
- Knowledge of OneCause preferred.
Requirements, Education, and Skills
- Bachelor's degree preferred with 2-3 years of development/special events experience.
- Strong interest in supporting the planning and implementation of special events in the non-profit sector.
- Strong organizational, written, and communication skills are required.
- Detail-oriented, able to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Live/silent auction coordination experience desired.
- Must be willing to work some nights and weekends during peak event periods with some travel to Connecticut, Long Island, and New Jersey required.
- Must be able to lift 25-40 lbs.
- A valid driver's license is necessary.
- This position requires vaccination.
This job posting provides a general list of the essential responsibilities and qualifications required for this position. It does not represent a contract for employment, and CancerCare reserves the right to change the description and/or posting at any time without notice.
CancerCare provides an attractive benefits package that includes health insurance, retirement plan, paid time off, standard holidays, and commuter benefits.
CancerCare is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, veteran/military status, or any other protected characteristic as established under law. We are dedicated to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for our staff and clients.
All CancerCare staff are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19. Proof of vaccine status must be provided before employment. Requests for medical and/or religious exemptions from the vaccination requirement will be considered on an individual basis, to the extent required by law.