Future Chefs prepares Boston high school students to leave high school ready for quality employment and post-secondary education. With a focus on positive youth development, Future Chefs provides culinary training and authentic work-based learning to prepare teens with the hard skills they will need to succeed in the culinary industry, and most importantly the job readiness skills to succeed in any field.
ResponsibilitiesThe Development and Finance Associate plays an integral support role on the Development and Finance teams and to the Executive Director. With appropriate guidance, the associate supports the work of the teams by tracking all fundraising actions and activities in the donor database, handling preparations for meetings, supporting the grant writing process, and assisting with accurate financial recordkeeping. This person will also be responsible for all gift entry, giving reports, pledge reminders, deposit entry and other daily development and finance tasks.
Future Chefs' model is based on the belief that every student is unique and flourishes in respectful, safe, stimulating settings that provide opportunities for growth, and relationships with caring, supportive adults who honor students' lived experiences. Future Chefs occupies 5770 square feet of meeting, kitchen and office space on the first floor of The Clarion in Roxbury and is programming our space to build community-based collaborations that directly and indirectly support our mission. Future Chefs is a fiscally sponsored organization of TSNE (www.tsne.org).
We are looking for someone who can proactively anticipate needs of the team and complete tasks independently, following proper training. In addition, the ideal candidate will thrive working collaboratively as part of a team within a small organization. This position is a great opportunity to receive hands-on experience with fundraising operations in a social justice nonprofit. Flex-time is available for the right candidate.
- Maintains the accuracy and integrity of database (Salesforce) by ensuring that all information is kept current and up to date including individual donations, grants, in-kind donations, donor and grantee information. Troubleshoots database issues, and participates in ongoing professional development in Salesforce use.
- Gathers and records data and action items in donor database, ensuring thorough documentation of fundraising activity and results.
- Coordinates and administers operations of all donor/grantor communications and appeals including hardcopy and digital mailings, and thank you letters.
- Assists with grant-writing and submission, research on potential grantors, and keeps calendar of grants deadlines.
- Edits, copy edits, and proofreads all types of development, financial, and communications materials.
- Anticipates and independently manages logistics, agendas and other materials for meetings, events, appointments and presentations; troubleshoots issues as needed; takes notes and organizes follow-up actions.
- Proactively manages the calendars of assigned individuals, keeping them free of scheduling conflicts.
- Participates in portfolio review meetings and assists with anticipating donor engagement and stewardship actions.
- Prepares and regularly updates planning documents and progress reports.
- Supports accurate financial management by preparing credit card use reports, and consulting deposit reports.
- Take on other team or office-wide duties as needed.
You are interested in pursuing a career in the nonprofit sector in development or finance. With a passion for social justice, you are committed to working on the issues that affect Boston's low-income youth of color, and are familiar with the Roxbury and Dorchester communities. In addition, you will have all or most of the following qualifications:
- One to two years of experience in a customer service or administrative support required.
- Experience in Salesforce or other donor databases preferred.
- Experience in Excel and Word.
- Experience with email platforms (Mailchimp, Emma, Constant Contact etc.).
- Ability to work flexible work hours including occasional evenings, holidays and weekends.
- Exceptional time-management and organizational skills as needed for meeting deadlines.
- Excellent attention to detail in order to maintain integrity of information, track deadlines, and proofread.
- Professional demeanor whether speaking to others in person, over the phone, or in written communication.
- Adaptability and flexibility in times of shifting priorities.
- Works well alone as well as under direct supervision.
Compensation and Benefits
Location: Work will be performed at 305 Blue Hill Ave, Boston, MA 02121.
Compensation: The starting salary for this position is $44,000.00 and is commensurate with experience.
Benefits: This position is eligible for a full benefits package including:
- Generous Paid-Time-Off (PTO): 12 paid holidays, 3 weeks vacation, 1 week personal holiday, and sick time for full-time staff.
- 80% Employer-paid, $0 deductible Health Insurance through Harvard Pilgrim.
- Low-cost MetLife Dental and Vision.
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) for Health and Dependent Care.
- Employer-paid Life, Long- and Short-Term Disability Insurance.
- Employer-paid Pension through TIAA.
- ...and more!
TSNE/Future Chefs envisions a society grounded in the principles of social and economic justice. As such, we strive to achieve excellence through a diverse and inclusive workplace that honors the unique talents and lived experiences of each person. Our vision and values are reflected in all our employment-related decisions, including hiring practices. Accordingly, TSNE/Future Chefs actively seeks people who bring diverse backgrounds and perspectives to join us in our work.
As an EOE/AA employer, TSNE/Future Chefs will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, national origin or ancestry, age, sexual orientation, gender identification, genetic information, veteran or disability status or any other factor prohibited by law.
<img src="https://www.click2apply.net/v/k5ZVO6hglOdbsXjVI4JKB" />