Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies over 1 million smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms more productive. Our 8,000+ team is drawn from diverse backgrounds and professions. With operations across six core countries in Africa, we make farmers more prosperous by providing quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers' homes, and agricultural training to improve harvests. On average, our farmers harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
To learn more about our work, take a look at our Why Work Here blog for more information.
One Acre Fund is growing fast: we aim to more than double in scale within the next five years. This growth will be fueled by fundraising. We are looking for a passionate professional with project and relationship management experience to join the Business Development team.
You will immediately take on ownership of our mid-level donor portfolio (donors giving between $5K and $100K per year), assist the CEO with outreach to high-value donors, and help coordinate our Annual Gala. This is a career-track position, with multiple pathways to management based on performance and preference.
Relationship Manager of mid-level donor portfolio (70%):
● Lead the mid-level donor program for the Business Development team and develop a fundraising strategy aimed at growing revenue from this donor segment.
● Over time, build a pipeline of new prospective donors through research and networking and convert them into new One Acre Fund supporters.
● Create a year-round stewardship calendar for mid-level donors and prospects to ensure that they receive appropriate and timely program updates
● Coordinate annual donation renewal process for mid-level donors.
● Ensure accurate tracking of mid-level donor information and reporting requirements in Salesforce
● Over time, develop strategies aimed at advancing mid-level donors into higher levels of giving
Stewardship of One Acre Fund's High-Value Donors (15%):
● Coordinate closely with One Acre Fund’s CEO each quarter to ensure timely distribution of donor outreach materials to One Acre Fund's high-value donors.
● Propose potential topics/themes to the CEO for inclusion in the quarterly donor outreach
● Maintain the CEO's donor contact list ensuring that addresses and contact information is up-to-date
● Coordinate the production and distribution of the end-of-year holiday gifts for One Acre Fund's high-value donors, coordinating closely with the Communications Department and the CEO
Event Support (15%)
● Play a key role in helping coordinate One Acre Fund’s Annual Gala which raises roughly $800k
● Plan and support other fundraising events as needed
One Acre Fund invests in building management and leadership skills. Your manager and a global support team will commit significant time to your career development. We provide constant, actionable feedback delivered through mentorship and through regular management, consulting-style career reviews and weekly one-on-one meetings. One Acre Fund prioritizes retaining talent and provides ample opportunity for you to build a rewarding long-term career.
Across all roles, these are the general qualifications we look for. For this role specifically, we are looking for someone with 5 to 10+ years of work experience and a passion for international development. Additional qualifications include:
• Fluency in the business of fundraising and ability to communicate with donors about financial sustainability, return on investment, impact per donor dollar, etc.
• Experience in global development a plus, preferably in One Acre Fund operating areas
• People-orientated with a passion for building relationships externally and internally
• Experience in novel digital fundraising strategies (e.g. cryptocurrencies), preferred
• Willingness and ability to travel. When safe to do so, you will have approximately 15-30 nights per year of travel, half or more international. The dates of travel are flexible.
Compensation commensurate with experience.
Eligible for full benefits package to include 100% health insurance premium coverage, 5 weeks of paid vacation plus 11 federal holidays, parental leave, 401k, and a flexible work schedule.
Must have existing rights to work in the United States.
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Please report any suspicious communication here (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion (DEI), and anti-racism are deeply connected to our organization's mission. One Acre Fund aspires to build a culture where all staff feel represented and valued – so that our team can grow as professionals and achieve impact for the farmers we serve.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies over 1 million smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms more productive. Our 8,000+ team is drawn from diverse backgrounds and professions…