Reporting to the Managing Director of Finance, the Associate Director of Financial Analysis is responsible for financial analysis and reporting, forecasting, and grant management work across a multi-site, national organization. This role will coordinate and collaborate with the finance team & budget owners to deliver accurate and timely monthly financial performance/budget reporting & analysis. In addition, The Associate Director of Financial Analysis will assist in the creation of the organization’s annual budget and on-going development of financial reports and models for grants.
The ideal candidate will be an Excel expert who is skilled at financial modeling and analysis, a strong communicator able to successfully share insights with those who are less finance savvy, have budget management experience in the nonprofit sector, and a strong desire to support iMentor’s mission.
- Prepare monthly reporting and analysis of finance performance for the Managing Director of Finance (MDF), Chief Operating Officer (COO), and key stakeholders in the organization.
- Develop the analysis and content for quarterly budget review meetings for each budget owner, which involves preparing a summary of financial performance and conducting variance analysis. Partner with MDF to provide financial and budgetary support, guidance, and recommendations regarding the use of budgets.
- Assist in the creation of annual and multi-year budgets in collaboration with the MDF, COO, and other senior leadership.
- Build/maintain financial models and forecasting tools that allow for long-term scenario planning, in support of regional and new site growth.
- Partner with National and Regional Development and Program teams in the creation of grant proposals, grant reporting and in identifying programmatic elements that could be leveraged for new fundraising opportunities.
- Prepare the financial deck for iMentor’s quarterly board of directors meeting.
- Responsible for the management and maintenance of budgeting and reporting tool, Adaptive Insights.
- Support MDF in the stewardship of iMentor’s key financial targets.
- Minimum of four years of relevant experience; preferably in budget management and/or financial accounting and reporting, non-profit experience a plus.
- Skilled at using and creating financial models to identify and share insights.
- Able to manage multiple complex projects at once while meeting mission-critical deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; a good listener who can motivate others through influence, manage expectations, be willing to engage in difficult conversations in order to advance the work.
- Patient and able to successfully convey financial concepts to a diverse group of non-finance professionals.
- Superior professional judgement and ability to handle confidential information appropriately.
- Experience working with automated financial software systems, cloud-based technology and office software. Knowledge of Adaptive Insights strongly preferred.
- Flexible and adaptable in response to changing organizational needs and priorities.
- Expert-level knowledge of Microsoft Excel; experience with pivot tables, v-lookup equations and large data sets highly desirable.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated alignment with iMentor's mission, values, and commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Views differences between individuals (race, gender, age, cultural heritage, physical ability, education, beliefs, and lifestyle) as an asset and demonstrates an appreciation of the diversity across the iMentor community.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required
- Our organization works in partnership with district public schools across the country. In doing so we must meet all compliance requirements of those districts: these include background checks and proof of COVID vaccination.
- Must have home internet access