Taproot Foundation, a national nonprofit, drives social change by connecting nonprofits with skilled volunteers through pro bono service. Taproot is creating a world where mission-driven organizations have full access—through pro bono service—to the marketing, strategy, HR, and IT expertise they need to thrive. We are seeking a dynamic industry leader to advance the field by driving forward the work of Taproot’s Advisory Services practice as Head of Advisory Services.
ABOUT ADVISORY SERVICES
As the trusted advisors and expert pro bono practitioners, Taproot’s Advisory Services team enables and delivers the highest quality pro bono service to social good organizations, and in doing so sets the standard of excellence for the field by demonstrating, innovating on and sharing pro bono best practices. The Advisory Services team provides strategy and advisement, develops and implements pro bono programming with our corporate and foundation partners and supports the development of tools and resources that enable pro bono beneficiaries and practitioners to thrive.
- Pro Bono Strategy & Advisement: We design pro bono programs that maximize the impact potential of our partners, including companies, foundations and other institutions.
- Pro Bono Program Delivery: We develop and implement pro bono programs that connect social good organizations and skilled volunteers by leveraging our extensive expertise in pro bono service.
- Pro Bono Field Building: We support the development of tools and resources that enable pro bono beneficiaries and practitioners to provide high quality pro bono services and share them with the field through convenings and thought leadership.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Head of Advisory Services is a member of Taproot’s executive team and reports to the President & CEO. This leader:
- Oversees the Advisory Services department with responsibility for the strategy, management, financial oversight of the practice, and department DEI initiatives
- Serves as one of the leading voices in the field as we inspire and advance the pro bono movement
- Is an expert in our work and plays a vital role supporting our business development and partnership development and management in partnership with the Strategic Partnerships team
- Leads a robust team of passionate professionals bringing our programs to life and dedicated to impact, innovation and continuous improvement
EXPERIENCE & COMPETENCIES
- You have 15 of years of professional experience with at least 5 years of leadership experience running a national consulting team developing and delivering services or programming.
- You are a dynamic leader and coach, bringing a depth of experience managing leaders across a national team and in a matrixed organization, supporting and enabling their effective leadership and development, people management and strategic thinking.
- You have deep experience overseeing, structuring and guiding the evolution, growth and strength of a high-impact service delivery team, including accountability for pursuing and achieving annual programmatic objectives as well as experience developing, implementing, and monitoring an annual department budget and goals.
- You are an expert relationship builder internally and externally with the ability to establish, cultivate and deepen unique and meaningful connections with partners, clients and colleagues to advance the organization’s mission and work.
- You are an inclusive thought partner and collaborator with a keen eye to advancing DEI priorities and initiatives within your own department as well as across the organization as a member of the senior leadership team.
Taproot employees are currently working remotely, but the organization expects to reopen its permanent offices, when appropriate. We are open to candidates working from a city where we have an office (i.e. Chicago, Los Angeles, New York or San Francisco).