Interested in empowering students to become confident readers and lifelong learners? Join Reading Partners as an AmeriCorps Program Coordinator or AmeriCorps Regional Program Coordinator!
The AmeriCorps Program Coordinator is the face of Reading Partners in elementary schools, responsible for leading the coordination, operations, and relationship development of Reading Partners’ one-on-one tutoring programs. AmeriCorps members serve full-time from August/September, 2023 through June/July, 2024 and must commit to a service term of 1,700+ hours.
What you’ll do:
Lead the full-time coordination and operations of Reading Partners’ tutoring programs at a school partner.
- Coordinate the day-to-day operations and schedule of Reading Partners’ tutoring programs to ensure the program meets students’ learning needs
- Provide ongoing tutoring to students
- Manage student and tutor data records, and track student progress
- Provide direct technical support to students and volunteers when using Reading Partners’ online tutoring program
Forge and maintain positive relationships with students, families, tutors, and school staff to create a welcoming tutoring environment.
- Lead family, student, and volunteer engagement support within your reading center
- Motivate students in their learning journeys and manage student behavior
- Guide, coach, and provide feedback and ongoing support to volunteer tutors
The AmeriCorps Regional Program Coordinator plays a critical role in our school-based team within the region. This role serves as a mobile coordinator to support multiple reading centers, supporting the implementation of our one-on-one tutoring programs. This is not a supervisory position, and this is not a tele-service position except when mandated by local and/or organizational COVID-19 protocols.
What you’ll do:
Support implementation of Reading Partners’ tutoring programs
- Provide ongoing tutoring to students at multiple school partner sites
- Collaborate with other school-based AmeriCorps service members to best practices
- Co-lead student support to implement Reading Partners’ online tutoring program at a portfolio of partner school sites
- Forge and maintain positive relationships to create a welcoming tutoring environment for students, caregivers, faculty & staff, and volunteer tutors
You’ll be successful in this role if you:
- Root your service in our vision & values
- Possess a high school diploma or GED
- Hold US Citizenship or Permanent Resident Status
- Have not completed more than three (3) prior AmeriCorps or VISTA service terms
- Understand this position is an AmeriCorps service commitment and are dedicated to successfully completing a full term of service
- Pay strong attention to detail and manage competing priorities effectively
- Are open to learning technology systems like Salesforce, Google Apps, and Zoom Conferencing
- Bonus Points if you are an AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, or other national service alum/alumna; and/or have experience volunteering with community-based or education programs
What we offer:
- Reading Partners is committed to your growth and development. We offer a supportive culture, on-going professional development opportunities, and coaching designed to catapult you into your next career
- 11-month living allowance of $22,100.10 and an education award of $6,895 after successfully completing your service term
- $500 mid-year bonus and a $3,000 end-of-year bonus (note: the EOY bonus will only be paid out to members who complete their full service term. If a member needs to exit the program for a compelling personal circumstance, the bonus would be prorated based on the number of hours served)
- Public transportation reimbursement at $127/month for 10-months
- CPR Certification
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage at no monthly cost to you
- Opportunities for networking with thousands of service-minded individuals
- Childcare assistance available through AmeriCorps for those who qualify
- You may be eligible for student loan forbearance on federal loans
Reading Partners is a national literacy nonprofit that engages community volunteers and AmeriCorps service members to support elementary-aged students on their path toward reading proficiency. Reading Partners is also committed to building a culturally competent and representative team to advance social justice through our service in schools and communities. Learn more about Reading Partners at readingpartners.org. Learn more about serving a year with AmeriCorps at https://www.americorps.gov/about.
- AmeriCorps members must live within commuting distance and have access to reliable transportation on a daily basis
- AmeriCorps members will be required to serve full-time and on location. This is not a tele-service position except when mandated by local and/or organizational COVID-19 protocols.
- Should the need exist, all AmeriCorps members will be provided PPE (personal protective equipment)
- Due to the changing nature of serving in public education, AmeriCorps members may be asked to transition to another Reading Partners AmeriCorps position in the same region
- Reading Partners AmeriCorps Vaccination Policy: AmeriCorps members will adhere to Reading Partners mask and vaccination policies, as well as to those of school-districts, which may vary depending on the region you are applying to serve with.
Join Reading Partners and leave a legacy that will last long beyond an unforgettable and life-changing AmeriCorps service term!
Applications considered on a rolling basis. Please email AmeriCorps@readingpartners.org with questions or if you’d like to connect with a team member!