Major responsibility is to oversee the planning, implementation and ongoing evaluation of quality and developmentally appropriate programs, activities, services, and special events in the club’s social recreation program areas for youth ages 6-12. Additional responsibilities include the oversight of program staff and department budget.
BGCB is offering a $1,000 Sign-on Bonus! - Terms apply.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- In conjunction with department staff, provide a variety of programming options reflective of the BGCB Social Recreation Program for members 6-12. The Director will also run individual programs, activities, trips, etc. Individual responsibilities include, but not limited to, oversight of daily games, tournaments, and other leisure activities, and supervision of Torch Club.
- Supervise and discipline of members participating in programs and services within the program area as well as throughout the clubhouse as deemed appropriate.
- Manage and oversee BGCB program activity standards as determined each year.
- Develop and implement collaborative programs and events with staff from other clubhouse departments as well as staff from other BGCB clubhouses and community organizations as appropriate. Participate in NENAPC programming as appropriate.
- Coordinate program partners and consultants who can offer related instruction, support and guidance to members.
- Participate in program/service outcome measurement processes and other evaluations programs including BGCA’s annual evaluation Commitment to Quality.
- Orient, train and supervise department staff (including work-study students, junior staff, volunteers). Provide annual performance evaluations for applicable staff in a timely manner.
- Secure, maintain and monitor budget, materials, equipment and other resources belonging to the program area(s). Maintain a safe and clean program area(s).
- Participate in individual and group supervision sessions; participate in professional development opportunities as appropriate.
- Travel between sites and to activities as needed
- Other related duties as specified by the Director of Operations.
Position Requirements (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Work Demand
- BA/BS in related field preferred, equivalent experience considered.
- Direct experience developing and delivering recreation/leisure programs for youth; experience in out-of-school-time settings preferred.
- Knowledge of trends in leisure activities, community service and leadership activities for youth ages 6-12.
- Must be or become CPR / FA certified.
- Must be or become certified in Challenge Course and Adventure Programming.
- Minimum one year supervisory experience.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills required.
- MS Office and web competency preferred.
- Ability to work with youth and families from a variety of backgrounds.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Flexibility to work clubhouse hours especially as seasons and service needs change.
- Valid driver’s license required.
** Please note that you have navigated away from our careers page, to continue to review current opportunities please close this tab. **