Boomerangs, an award-winning family of thrift stores owned and operated by the AIDS Action Committee, is currently seeking a dynamic and fun-loving General Manager to lead all aspects of our thrift store chain.
As General Manager of Boomerangs Thrift Stores, you will:
- Oversee management teams at each store and department, including weekly one on one meetings with each store or department manager
- Work with Store Managers to create strategic plans to increase revenue, including marketing and outreach
- Foster a positive work environment through transparent decision-making, open dialogue, planned staff meetings, and ongoing training
- Guide management team in navigating personnel growth, conflict, and coaching (including hiring, discipline, and termination)
- Develop and implement marketing strategies
- Create, update, and standardize training guides, operations manuals, and pricing/merchandising across the stores
- Analyze weekly sales reports and monthly finance reports
- Oversee all billing and ordering
- Create and maintain partnerships with community and corporate partners
- Respond to customer and donor feedback and questions
- Work with Facilities team, landlords, and store managers to ensure a safe and orderly work environment
- Cover management gaps and jump into store or warehouse responsibilities when needed
- Ideally, drive a 16ft distribution truck when necessary – clean driving record required
- Perform related duties and projects as assigned
At Boomerangs, we offer AMAZING benefits, including:
- A store culture built on teamwork, diversity & inclusion, a passion for thrift, and FUN!
- Generous paid time off including 3 weeks of vacation, 12 sick days, and paid holidays.
- Comprehensive and affordable health, dental, and vision insurance
- Employer contributions towards a 403(b) retirement savings account + profit sharing after 1 year
- Tuition Reimbursement up to $3000 per year, after one year of service
- Employee wellness program
- Pre-tax health savings and transportation options
- 30-50% employee discount at all Boomerangs locations and other corporate discounts for auto/home/pet insurance, local gyms, restaurants, and more!
- Proven record of driving revenue and exceeding sales in a fundraising or retail setting
- Experience in managing a large, diverse staff across multiple locations
- Excellent communication skills and experience collaborating with multiple departments
- Knowledge or interest in current trends in vintage/antique designer fashion, interior design, and furniture markets
- Ability to prioritize while handling multiple urgent projects
- Experience with providing excellent customer service and using POS systems, especially Lightspeed Retail Pro
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Sensitivity to issues surrounding HIV/AIDS, and knowledge or willingness to learn about programs and services at AIDS Action and Fenway Health
- Ability to travel daily to multiple locations throughout the Greater Boston area
- Flexibility to cover critical staffing gaps or respond to emergencies when needed, including weekends and holidays
- Ability to work harmoniously and effectively with colleagues, patients, clients and vendors across the spectrum of diversity, including but not limited to race, ethnicity, color, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, socio-economic status, national origin and immigrant status, religious or spiritual identity, disability (physical, mental, emotional and developmental), veteran status, and/or limited English proficiency.
- Willingness to contribute towards Fenway’s efforts in becoming an anti-racist organization and promoting a culture dedicated to ongoing development in service of humility, equity, diversity, inclusion, and belonging, where differences are acknowledged and valued.
- Ability to meet the following physical requirements with or without reasonable accommodations:
- Lift and carry 50+ lbs
- Work on your feet for a full or partial shift
We offer an excellent benefits package that includes comprehensive medical and dental insurance plans, a retirement plan with employer match, paid holidays, paid time off, an employee discount, and more. LGBTQIA+ identified persons, Black, Indigenous, and other people of color (BIPOC), and individuals from other historically underrepresented communities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Highly experienced individuals may be compensated at a higher rate