Business Office Coordinator
Washington School for Girls Washington, DC
Department Description: The Business Office Coordinator provides confidential, consistent and professional support to overall management of the school. S/he works as a team member to foster the mission of the Washington School for Girls. S/he possesses excellent organizational, writing, and editing skills and an ability to anticipate the needs of the school operations.
Description of Classification: This is a 12 Month Position
Detailed Description of Duties and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Complete monthly reconciliations of certain financial accounts
- Assist with regular banking responsibilities including preparing bank deposits
- Support DFO in maintaining financial records
Facilities and Maintenance
- Assist in coordinating facilities, maintenance, and purchasing requests
- Maintain log of on-going maintenance projects
- Assist in identifying vendors/suppliers for facilities projects as needed
- Maintain facility records, including what is needed for emergency drills
- Complete Government Applications and Forms
- Maintain business licenses and regulatory paperwork as needed
- Organize requisitions, work orders, and other internal accounting reporting as needed, under the guidance of the Director of Finance and Operations
- Ensure ongoing monitoring and implementation of service contracts
Lunch Program Coordinator
- Schedule, conduct, evaluate and participate in the auditing of the school lunch program
- Assure compliance with National School Lunch Program (NSLP) program requirements
- Train food service personnel in meal program procedures
- Work closely with school lunch provider regarding monthly lunch menus, delivery, and other requests
Human Resources Management
- Provide administrative support for the employee benefits program including annual renewal of plan and managing employee changes
- Assist in communicating company policies and procedures with President
- Perform the full cycle of recruitment for open employee positions
- Maintain all Personnel files and ensure all employees are up-to-date with needed compliance standards
- Assist with payroll for all employees on semi-monthly basis
Board of Trustees and School President
- Provide organizational support, such as record keeping, to the Board of Trustees and School President
- Reflect and model WSG values and attitudes as a Catholic School in interactions with students, teachers, families, and members of the public.
- Follow the policies and procedures of WSG as described in the WSG Personnel Handbook, including such items as being on time, professional dress, and maintaining appropriate records and reports.
- Demonstrate high standards of professionalism, including legal and professional ethics in interactions with students, faculty, staff, administrators, and members of the public.
Qualifications: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Ability to work with diverse populations
- Collaborative leadership and decision making
- Exceptional interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Data managements tools, organizational tools, computer skills (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Google Email)
- Keen understanding of best practices in human resources
- Excellent organization, communication, writing, and editing skills
- The ability to see what needs to be done and take initiative in doing it.
Education Requirements: Bachelor's Degree required in applicable field of Business, Marketing, Accounting, Education
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Accountable to: Director of Finance and Operations
Details at a glance
- On-site Location
- Full Time Schedule
- 4-Year Degree Required Benefits
Comprehensive Benefits Package.
How To Apply
Please send your cover letter and resume to jobs at wsgdc.org
ATTN: Lori Palmer, Director of Finance and Operations
Subject: WSG, Business Office Coordinator Position
Job Type: Full-time
- Business Office Management: 1 year (Preferred)
- Microsoft Office Suite: 1 year (Required)
- Google Suite: 1 year (Required)
- Human Resources: 1 year (Preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree (Required)