FSC works to take care of our forests and those who rely on them: by protecting plant and animal species, Indigenous Peoples’ rights, forest workers’ safety, and much more. We achieve this through FSC certification, ensuring forests around the world are responsibly managed. For more information on FSC, visit our website at www.fsc.org.
To effectively meet the challenge of protecting the world’s forests, we are committed to ensuring we have the world’s most skilled people working with us. This commitment extends to everyone that works in FSC around the world: from those that lead the design of policies and standards, to those that roll out those same policies and standards on the ground, and to those that provide us with backbone to do our work.
Reporting to the Programme Manager (Forest Management), the Policy Officer – Forest Management coordinates and supports the development, revision and consistent implementation of the normative FSC documents in the core area of responsible forest management.
Main Roles and Responsibilities
The tasks will be varied, and will include:
- Support FM projects and coordinate working group processes within the international normative framework, including the revision of the Ecosystem Services Procedure. This includes activities such as:
- Coordinate project team, working group members, consultants, etc. ensuring adherence to the Terms of Reference.
- Organize agendas, develop minutes and record decisions.
- Organize public consultations and webinars.
- Implement communications activities around the project (news items, FSC website content and trainings).
- Support budget planning and monitoring.
- Provide technical support for the use of relevant standards and procedures (e.g., FSC Pesticides Policy, FSC Ecosystem Services Procedure).
- Support communication activities of the Forest Management Programme and the development of reports.
- Support development of contracts.
- Represent FSC externally on technical and other fora.
- Additional tasks as agreed with the Programme Manager.
Qualifications, Experience and Skills
- University/technical college degree in forestry, environmental sciences or a related field.
- Training in Communications, FSC Certification, Project Management, administration and/or ecosystem services are assets.
- At least 3 years of relevant professional experience in one or more of the following fields: FSC standards development processes, FSC certification, forest management or ecosystem services.
- Experience in working in cross-functional project teams and in complex projects.
- Exemplary verbal and written communication skills.
- Fluency in English (spoken and written), Spanish or French is a plus.
- Good time management skills as well as strong sense for diligence and accuracy.
- Solution- and service-oriented attitude to work.
- Good skills in the use of/experience with standard software packages (MS Office).
- Skills in database management platforms or Content Management Systems is a plus.
- Ability to establish and maintain positive interpersonal relations.
- Commitment to FSC’s mission and values.
Terms and Conditions
- Location: Bonn, Germany
- Starting Date: 01 March 2022 or as soon as possible
- Working Hours: Full-time (40 hours per week).
- Duration of contract: 2 years contract (extension possible, subject to satisfactory performance)
- Travel: the position includes sporadic travel
How to Apply
Please apply via our website by submitting your CV in English.
Please do not send any photos of yourself.
The deadline for applications is 20 January 2022 at 21:59 CET.
We will confirm receipt of your application. However, only candidates shortlisted for an interview will be further contacted and will receive notice of the outcome of the selection process. Should you not receive a confirmation of receipt please check your spam filter and if you cannot find it there contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please be informed, that by applying for this position you automatically accept our Data Protection Information on processing your personal data.
We are looking forward to your application!