Homebase is seeking a seasoned professional to join our passionate and enthusiastic national team as our Finance Director. This position has the option to be remote or based out of our San Francisco office, with option for hybrid scheduling.
The people! We come from diverse backgrounds and bring different experiences to the table.
Homebase is powered by knowledgeable, enthusiastic, and forward-thinking people committed to developing a culture of inclusion. We recognize, develop, and empower talent and encourage diversity of thought. Your point of view, skillset and experience will only make us stronger, so if you are eager to share innovative ideas and try new things, we want to hear from you.
Benefits & Perks
In addition to a competitive compensation package (starting salary $120,000 - $140,000, DOE), we offer comprehensive benefits, including a 403(b) match, health insurance, and generous PTO.
To promote and support physical, mental, and financial wellness, Homebase provides staff members a substantial, non-taxable allowance each year to utilize towards one or more of our wellness benefits. The choices include our Student Loan Repayment program, 529 College Savings, HealthCare FSA, Dependent Care FSA, and/or Commuter benefits.
Who Is Eligible and When?
Homebase employees working 20 hours or more per week are eligible to enroll in the benefits described in this guide, and coverage is effective on the first day of the month following your date of hire.
Reporting to the COO, the Finance Director will be responsible for day-to-day accounting functions and controls. Additionally, the Finance Director will be responsible for financial reporting, both internally and externally.
In this role, you will have a dual focus; business as usual on the one hand and ambitious steps toward building the future state of Homebase operations on the other.
This is a particularly exciting time to join Homebase because it is transitioning from QuickBooks to a fully integrated contracts management and financial system that utilizes Salesforce, Conga, and Sage Intacct. As the Finance Director, you will quickly become one of the principal architects and owners of this new, data-driven landscape.
This is a dynamic position with room to grow at a flexible, fun, and supportive organization where mission animates everything.
· Lead, execute, and be accountable for all processes that contribute to your accurate and timely compilation of GAAP compliant financial statements, financial dashboards, KPIs, and analyses.
· Collaborate across the organization to generate and gather the data that will allow you to build the annual organizational budget and to create competitive project budgets for presentation to clients.
· Function as primary liaison with the external audit firm; lead internal efforts to achieve clean and complete audits (general, project specific, and federal Single Audit).
· Serve as our internal liaison and quality assurance manager for our outsourced payroll function.
· Partner with COO to develop and maintain tools for managing the financial aspects of the business. This could include revenue projections, multi-year forecasts, and analyses designed to identify risks, trends, and opportunities.
· Collaborate with the COO to create and maintain high-level financial reports and analyses for the Board of Directors and management team.
· Supervise our Finance Assistant.
If you are:
· Equipped with a minimum of a bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance (or commensurate experience showing significant upward career trajectory),
· Five or more years into your accounting career, three of which are at the Controller level, ideally in non-profits and/or professional services/public accounting firm(s),
· A financial analysis and earned revenue guru who is well-versed in Nonprofit GAAP and possesses a thorough understanding of 2 CFR 200,
· Experienced with Salesforce and Intacct—or eager to master both—and know Excel inside and out (i.e., pivot tables and charting are second nature), and
· A licensed CPA or CMA (would be icing on the cake),.
We welcome your application!
More About Homebase
Homebase is a national nonprofit dedicated to the social problem of homelessness. Our mission is to end homelessness, prevent its recurrence, and decrease its effect on communities. We work at the local, state, and national levels to support our partners in designing systems and implementing responses to homelessness while fostering collaboration and collective impact in addressing its political and economic causes.
Our work requires acknowledging and addressing the fact that people of color, especially Black and Indigenous people, experience homelessness at dramatically disproportionate rates. Recognizing that this is a result of systemic, intersectional inequities, we believe it is crucial as an organization to promote racial equity and anti-racism throughout our work. We are committed to ensuring equal opportunity and a workplace environment that is diverse, equitable, inclusive, and fosters a sense of belonging for all those on our team.
Wondering if you should apply?
To develop transformative solutions to homelessness, Homebase believes in centering the individuals and communities most impacted by its structural causes — including people of color, people with lived experience of poverty, people with disabilities, and those who identify as LGBTQ+ and GNC. We strongly encourage applications from people with these identities or who are members of other historically marginalized communities.
Special consideration will be given to applicants with lived experience of housing instability, homelessness, and/or criminal justice involvement, including arrest and conviction records.
Whether you are remote or local to San Francisco, if this opportunity resonates with you, Homebase will be pleased to welcome your application. (Currently the whole team is working remotely during the COVID-19 pandemic).
We encourage you to apply, even if you are not sure you meet all qualifications. You may have knowledge and experiences not specifically listed here that would support our mission, and we would love to see your application!
How to Apply
Please email cover letter, resume, and at least three references to email@example.com. Positions open until filled.
Prolonged periods of intense concentration while sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
Homebase is seeking a seasoned professional to join our passionate and enthusiastic national team as our Finance Director. This position has the option to be remote or based out of our San Francisco office, with option for…
We offer comprehensive benefits, including a 403(b) match, health insurance, and generous PTO. To promote and support physical, mental, and financial wellness, Homebase provides staff members a substantial, non-taxable allowance each year to utilize towards one or more of our wellness benefits. The choices include our Student Loan Repayment program, 529 College Savings, HealthCare FSA, Dependent Care FSA, and/or Commuter benefits.
We offer comprehensive benefits, including a 403(b) match, health insurance, and generous PTO. To promote and support physical, mental, and financial wellness, Homebase provides…