Title: Seasonal Public Programs Associate
Job Type: Full-Time; Seasonal; 40 hours per week; weekends and evenings required; overtime when required; Non-Exempt
Hourly Rate: $20.00-$23.00/hour
Work Location: Randall’s Island Park, New York, NY 10035
The Seasonal Program Associate will lead and implement a wide range of programming at Randall’s Island with an emphasis on community-based fitness and sports programming, including yoga, biking, running, cultural and environmental events in the park. The Associate will support other park initiatives including the Jesse Owens Track and Field Program, under general direction of the Public Programs Manager and the Public Program Coordinator. The Associate will work collaboratively with RIPA staff members across the organization to support current programming and volunteer initiatives. The Associate will be required to work on-site, outdoors and weekends and evenings and will report to the Public Programs Manager and take direction from the Public Programs Coordinator.
- Help to implement outreach strategies to schools, community-based organizations, health care providers, and our neighboring communities to encourage and maximize use of facilities and programs on Randall’s Island.
- Help to implement youth and community sports and fitness programming and events.
- Facilitate and lead fitness-based programming such as biking, dance, yoga, running, walking tours etc. in the field.
- Assist in facilitating a wide range of RIPA programming including tours, arts and crafts, festivals, movie nights.
- Represent and promote RIPA programming and facilities at workshops, conferences, and community events.
- Implement the Jesse Owens youth track and field program on Saturdays with our program partners.
- Maintain detailed records of program visits, facility usage, event attendance, waivers, contact information and related data through data collection, photographs, and narrative.
- Implement strategies for collecting meaningful feedback from program participants and volunteers.
- Support the Communications department by providing content for social media posts about RIPA’s programs, when needed.
- Support all programming, park-wide initiatives, and events.
- Perform general administrative duties including but not limited to, document management, data entry, etc.
- Complete other tasks as assigned.
This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an employee in this position may be asked to perform from time to time.
- High school diploma or equivalent and a minimum of 1 year of experience in community centered activities in an area related to the duties described above; or a minimum of 3 years of experience in community centered activities.
- Excellent ability to work with and interact with the public with a friendly demeanor.
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Ability to collaborate and create positive working relationships.
- Ability to articulate and advocate for RIPA’s mission.
- Ability to monitor, analyze, consult, and report on programs.
- Strong planning and organizational skills, as well as strong attention to detail.
- Highly motivated, able to manage and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Proficiency with computer applications, including Microsoft Office applications.
- Excellent follow-through and persistence when corresponding with teachers, volunteers and community organizations.
- Motivated and punctual, able to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Flexibility to work evenings and weekends.
- Proof of COVID-19 Vaccination.
PREFERRED SKILLS / QUALIFICATIONS
- Exercise Science of Certification by American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM), American Council on Exercise (ACE), Aerobics and Fitness Association of America (AFAA), or other related certification.
- Experience leading and promoting fitness programs.
- Fluent in Spanish.
- First Aid and CPR Certification.
- Valid Driver License
The Randall’s Island Park Alliance, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and believes in a diverse and an inclusive workspace and environment
RIPA maintains confidentiality of all applications and therefore will never contact a present employer without prior consent from the applicant.