- LEADERS OF TOMORROW YOUTH CENTER
Position Title: Director of Development (3-5years of fundraising
Position Summary: The primary goal of a Director of Development
is to develop and implement a fundraising strategy to secure sustainable revenue for Leaders of Tomorrow Youth Center (LTYC). The Director of Development will assist in coordinating LTYC leaders, board members, consultants and volunteers to plan and execute fundraising initiatives. The individual will have experience leading
campaigns and the organizational skills to lead our efforts in securing diverse sources of funding from corporations, foundations and individual donors that align with LTYC’s fundraising goals and timelines. The Director of Development will also develop short-and long-term fundraising plans of action for executive and board approval.
LTYC's Executive Director
- Collaborate with the LTYC Team to create a fund development plan to increase revenue and support the strategic direction of LTYC
- Monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of all fundraising activities, while developing and managing timelines for those fundraisers.
- Develop policies and procedures for the development team which reflect ethical fundraising practices.
- Support the development team with the preparation and submission of grant applications.
- Prepare and deliver presentations to potential donors and stakeholders.
- Plan and execute special fundraising events.
- Identify and develop corporate, community and individual prospects for the organization's fundraising priorities.
- Oversee a donor management system which will respect the privacy and confidentiality of LTYC’s donor information.
- Coordinate the efforts of volunteers seeking in-kind donations.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- BA/BS degree or higher in nonprofit management, business, finance, public relations or a related field.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with non-profit fundraising and business development with expertise organizing and leading group efforts towards a goal.
- Successful professional track record in fundraising work for an education- related organization or another non-profit organization.
- 3 to 5 years of experience of revenue generation and prior experience with direct mail campaigns, major donor solicitation, event management, or other campaigns as needed.
- Ability to operate computers and possess basic knowledge of MS Windows, Excel and
- experience with fundraising CRM software.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Positive attitude, high level of professionalism, enthusiasm and customer service.
- Attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines.
Other Job Requirements:
- Ability to travel
- Reliable personal transportation and must possess a current driver’s license with a good driving record, and auto insurance coverage.