SCHEDULE: 40 hours, Monday – Friday; 8:30am-5:00pm, occasional weekends and holidays; Thanksgiving- New Year’s travel/time off blackout
Pays $24.00 per hour
LOCATION: 434 Harrison Ave, Boston MA O2118
SUMMARY OF POSITION
The Development Associate/Coordinator performs a wide variety of professional, administrative and staff support tasks. This position provides general office support, serves as a point of contact for various inquiries, and helps to organize mailings and events. Additionally, this position prepares communication materials for meetings or presentations, provides data entry and research support, presents tours, tracks expenses and responds to donor inquiries.
- 1-3 years of previous development or non-profit management experience
- Demonstrated organizational skills and ability to manage multiple priorities
- Ability to work independently
- Analytical and problem-solving skills, effective communication and documentation skills
- Customer service oriented, “can do” attitude
- Ability to seek help and clarification around workload and prioritizing competing demands
- Ability to work in a changing and busy team environment
- Knowledge of and experience with MS Office, especially MS Excel, MS Word, and MS Excel, and mail-merge functionality
- Proficient in learning new computer and software systems
- Participation in a campaign or special event planning
- Knowledge of Blackbaud’s Raiser’s Edge
- Ability to sit for long periods of time
- Ability to utilize a PC, phone, fax and copier
- Ability to climb two flights of stairs
- Ability to travel by car or public transportation in metropolitan Boston area for PSI site visits, special events, and other meetings or trainings as assigned
- Serve as a member of a team of professionals responsible for all fundraising, communications and programs at Pine Street Inn and provide leadership and/or support in all efforts as needed.
- Lead the creation and management of department-wide mailing calendar (Teamwork).
- Assist in Annual Giving program and support requests from Direct Marketing vendors.
- General support of all administrative functions within the development team, including volunteer programs, event support, giving tours of Pine Street Inn, and responding to phone and email inquiries.
- Assist with mailings to donors and volunteers, including mail merges.
- Coordinate budget tracking and approval process to support the VPAO and other department directors. Centralize and handle all vendor invoices and submit expenses for development to accounts payable.
- Gift entry for Employee Campaign and Matching Gifts programs; assist in other gift processing during peak periods. Manage the receipt, transport, and distribution of GIK (non food).
- Enter confidential donor information into Raiser’s Edge fundraising database; track donor correspondence, proposals, generate reports, and ongoing activity.
- Assist in donor acknowledgement process; Maintain donor (paper) files
- Assist team with data clean-up projects, returned mail updates in RE and event registration, as needed.
- Coordinate orders for all office supplies and collateral used by development.
- Other projects as assigned
Apply at: Pine Street Inn | Careers