Church Hill Activities & Tutoring (CHAT) is a nonprofit organization that serves the youth of Richmond’s East End through education, vocational training, after-school enrichment, and community partnerships. CHAT is committed to providing high-quality, equitable learning opportunities to students that support their personal, academic, vocational, and spiritual growth. Through our work, we have the honor of walking with families in our community - together ensuring their students have room to thrive and discover their God-given potential.
The Human Resources Coordinator is a professional position that is part of the Shared Services team. The incumbent performs complex tasks primarily to coordinate and optimize the recruitment and payroll processes. In addition, the incumbent controls access to confidential information and records. The Human Resources Analyst reports to the Director of Human Resources and supervises no staff.
- Reviews and posts vacant positions in the online recruitment system.
- Collaborates with hiring managers toward attractive job posts and conformance to procedures and legal requirements.
- Facilitates the on-boarding and off-boarding of employees.
- Prepares and processes payroll semi-monthly for all CHAT employees
- Identifies, calculates, and implements all pay changes for affected employees
- Reviews, prepares, and processes timesheets, tips, and withholdings for affected employees
- Processes HSA contributions semi-monthly
- Serves as Systems Administrator for the recruitment, benefits, criminal history, and other Human Resources related systems.
- Generates monthly, quarterly, and annual People and Payroll reports.
- Conducts Hiring Manager training, periodically.
- Identifies and analyzes trends in recruitment and reporting.
- Assists the HR Director with the interpretation of HR policies and guidelines.
- Intentional and empathetic: honoring confidentiality and operating with a high level of respect and professionalism.
- Continuous learning: committed to self-improvement and personal growth.
- Creative and curious: developing new ways to accomplish work while seeking to understand the people and context involved.
- Initiative and good judgment: prioritizing projects using reliable information; anticipating, responding to, and solving problems.
Qualifications: Any combination of stated education, experience, knowledge, skills abilities, and/or training that demonstrates the ability to perform essential duties is acceptable.
- Faith in Jesus Christ, affirming the Apostles’ Creed and lived out in a faith community
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Human Resources or a related field
- Related work experience, preferably 2 years or more
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and command of the English language
- Strong project management skills with flexibility to manage multiple projects, adapt to change, and deliver on time
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative, exercise sound judgment, follow-through on commitments, and work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Google Sheets
- High attention to detail
- Ability to identify and document changes that impact payroll and to apply documentation to payroll processing
- Graduate study in HR or Human Resources certification such as SHRM, IMPA-HR, etc.
- Experience with Paychex or another similar payroll processing system
Position Overview & Compensation
- Exempt from overtime
- $40,000 to $50,000, negotiable and commensurate with skills and experience
- Benefits include: competitive health insurance plans with dependent care, parental leave, Paid-Time-Off, life insurance and more.
- Primary work location: CHAT’s administrative office | 3015 N St., Richmond VA 23223
- VA State Police Criminal Records Check, including fingerprinting
- VA Department of Social Services Child Registry Search (Abuse/Neglect of children)
- COVID-19 full vaccination
- Mask wearing when required