Tipo de contrato
Tiempo completo Con contrato
Detalles: Based on experience
Fecha de inicio:
Fecha límite de postulación:
Privada de Magnolias 109
Oaxaca de Juarez
Puente a la Salud Comunitaria contributes to food sovereignty and advances the health and economic well-being of rural communities in Mexico by promoting the consumption, production, and commercialization of amaranth.
Our five-year objective is to cultivate a community impact in the areas of agriculture, food consumption, and local economies by promoting integral amaranth systems through community self-organization and strategic alliances.
This is a full-time position based in Oaxaca City, Mexico.
A minimum commitment of two years is required.
Purpose of Position
The Director of Development and Communications is primarily responsible for overseeing the generation of resources for Puente and support of internal and external human resources of the organization, and for managing public relations and designing strategic communications both internally and with outside publics. Working in conjunction with the Executive Director, the Director of Development and Communications raises funds for Puente through grant proposal-writing and follow-up as well as coordination of appeals and events. Along with ensuring financial sustainability, the Director of Development and Communications works to ensure the motivation and capacity of human resources through staff training and volunteer management. The Director of Development and Communications has secondary responsibilities in designing and implementing the organizational public relations and communications plan. This person is a member of Puente’s management team and also plays an active role in strategic planning, organizational development, program evaluation, budgeting, and project planning.
- Develop and implementing a plan to research funding opportunities for foundation grants, write proposals, and prepare grant reports in both English and Spanish
- Together with the Executive Director carry out an individual donor strategy aimed primarily at US-based donors.
- Cultivate and nurture existing and potential funding sources (individual and foundation) for general operating support and special projects.
- Coordinate and administer annual appeals and direct mailing campaigns.
- Work with Executive Director to solicit corporations and civic groups for donations and other support.
- Interface with board members, staff, and volunteers to support development efforts.
- Research and implement appropriate online fundraising strategies.
- Execute systems and processes to ensure timely and appropriate gift processing and follow up.
- Manage database to track fundraising progress and future needs, and compile reports for relevant internal and external stakeholders.
- Assist directors with procurement of resources for staff and fundraising issues.
- Work with the board and Executive Director to develop and implement fundraising strategy.
- Coordinate online communications including social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Youtube) and e-news bulletins to generate interest in Puente’s work and drive traffic to the website.
- Work with the Diffusion Coordinator and other staff to create and implement a press outreach strategy to generate publicity both locally and abroad about Puente’s work.
- Work with the board and external supporters to develop and implement a communications plan with messaging consistent with the strategic plan.
- Ensure engaging Website design through data analysis and update Website blog on a consistent basis to drive traffic to the Website.
- Design and update organizational brochures and other publicity materials to better position Puente to its current constituency and potential stakeholders.
- Organize awareness-raising events to further the strategic communications goals, focusing on Amaranth Day but may include other events.
Staff Supervision and Support
- Coordinate a small volunteer program to attract and supervise volunteers and interns to assist in achieving programmatic goals.
- Participate actively in staff meetings and trainings.
- Ensure that staff have appropriate training and messaging tools to share information about amaranth and Puente’s goals with participants and the public.
- Support staff professional development.
- A strong commitment to Puente’s mission of promoting food sovereignty through the consumption, cultivation, and commercialization of amaranth to improve rural livelihoods in Oaxaca, Mexico
- A bachelor’s degree in a relevant field of study
- At least two years of grant-writing or fundraising experience (or the equivalent amount of coursework in fundraising)
- Excellent writing abilities
- Excellent computer skills (Office suite or equivalent, Web applications, and online database management)
- Advanced level of Spanish (Bi-lingual, mutli-cultural preferred)
- Well-organized, detail-oriented, enjoys taking initiative
- Desire to live and work in Oaxaca, Mexico
- Strong working knowledge of e-Tapestry
- Experience creating and implementing strategic public relations, communications, and press outreach strategies
- Master’s degree in Management or related area
Favorable benefits, flexible work hours and professional development opportunities
Nivel de idiomas
Advanced level of Spanish (Bi-lingual, mutli-cultural preferred)
Nivel mínimo de educación
2. Cover letter
3. Two professional references
Please send your application to email@example.com by May 15, 2018. We will review them in the order that they are received and get back to you as soon as possible.