ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Schedule nighttime Respite aides and supervise daytime aides assigned to Social Adult Day.
- Assist with preparation of meals, when needed.
- Keep attendance for social adult and any required materials.
- Ensure that night and day aides have completed their daily client record.
- Assist in organizing and conducting group or class activities to meet special needs of participants.
- Assist members in development of skills.
- Help to coordinate special programs and events.
- Conduct client intake and assessment.
- Schedule overnight trials including providing caregiver with appropriate physicians assessment form and informing them of required admission paperwork.
- Prepare paperwork for admissions and discharge of overnight respite clients.
- Admit respite clients upon arrival with or independent of director.
- Assist with recording in client record as required by funding sources.
- Maintain daily attendance records and clients contribution and income records in Excel worksheets.
- Prepare and assist director in making bank deposit.
- Assist director in preparation and mailing client bills to caregivers and managed care companies.
- Handle on-call night and weekend emergencies as assigned by the Director.
- Organize and conduct group or class activities to meet special needs of participants.
- Provide case assistance to caregivers providing them with referrals to entitlements benefits and services.
- Assist with Senior Club program as needed.
- Perform other duties as required by the supervisor of the site.
- Ability to work alone or in a team
- Flexible hours as needed
- Knowledge of older adults and ideally experience working with clients who have memory loss and/or are frail elderly
- Experience working with caregivers is a plus
- Bachelors degree in human services or related field preferred;
- Associates degree in human services or related field with at least three years experience in a social service, community, considered: or
- High school graduate or equivalent or certified HHA with 5 years experience with at least two in a social adult day setting. Specialized training or skills in recreational activities and/or working with clients with dementia or frail elderly required.
EEO/Affirmative Action Policy Statement
It is the policy of RiseBoro to provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment. No individual will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, age, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, political or union affiliation, marital or partnership status, sex, sexual orientation or affectional preference, gender identity, familial status, genetic information or predisposition or characteristic, disability, status as a victim of domestic violence, status as a veteran or member of the U.S. military and related obligations, or any other characteristic protected by law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to, recruitment, hiring, job placement, compensation, benefits, training and apprenticeship, employee development, promotion, demotion, discipline, transfer, lay-off and recall, and termination. RiseBoro makes reasonable accommodations based on religion and/or disability as required by law, and requests for accommodation are to be directed to the Human Resources Department.