The Director of Philanthropy serves as the principal fundraising and events manager for Harc, bringing a creative and innovative approach to all of Harc’s philanthropic activities. In collaboration with nonprofit thought leaders engaged by Harc, he or she is responsible for the oversight, planning and implementation of a comprehensive fundraising program that secures the financial resources from individuals, foundations, corporations and others to support Harc’s programming in pursuit of its mission. S/he manages all fundraising events, major gifts and grant functions, and direct response fundraising solicitations. S/he works with Harc’s leadership team to establish fundraising goals and is accountable for these goals. S/he hires, manages and establishes fundraising goals for fundraising staff. The Director of Philanthropy is supervised by the Chief Executive Officer and supervises in turn the philanthropy staff and partners.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Planning and Management:
· Work closely with the Chief Executive Officer to develop and implement an annual Development Plan that aligns with Harc’s strategic plan and priorities.
· Develop and manage fundraising budget.
· Primary manager of fundraising events such as Harc’s annual auction, Walk and Roll and others.
· Responsible for event planning, budgeting, results analysis, and vendor contract negotiations.
Direct Response Fundraising:
· Working with external resources, responsible for the approval of the organization’s direct response (e.g., mail, email, social media) content and schedule.
· Responsible for the development of organizational press releases and response to media inquiries.
Commensurate with experience; potential bonus for exceeding annual goals
For Full-time employees (30+ hours a week)
· Eligible the first of the month following 30 full days of employment
· Medical and prescription benefits
· Dental benefits
· Vision benefits
· Life Insurance at 2 times your annual salary (up to $250,000.): company paid
· Voluntary/Optional Life Insurance: for employee, spouse and/or children
· Long Term Disability (LTD) insurance: company paid
· Paid Time Off (PTO) benefits
· 10 company holidays + 1 Floating holiday for eligible employees
· 401(k) plan with company match
· Bi-weekly payroll with Direct Deposit
Job can be performed remotely, with periodic onsite attendance in Hartford expected.
The Director of Philanthropy serves as the principal fundraising and events manager for Harc, bringing a creative and innovative approach to all of Harc’s philanthropic activities. In collaboration with nonprofit…