The Washington Irving Young Adult Borough Center (YABC) is an evening academic programs designed specifically to meet the needs of high school students who might be considering dropping out because they are behind or because they have adult responsibilities that make attending school in the daytime difficult.
Students graduate with a diploma from their home school after they have earned all of their credits and passed all of the required exams while attending the YABC program. Students who are registered in a YABC program remain assigned, for all accountability measures, to their sending school. Attendance is strictly monitored and documented by the YABC program.
YABC also has the added support of Learning to Work, which offers additional academic and student support, post-secondary and career exploration, work preparation, and skills development. These elements of Learning to Work are designed to enhance and complement the academic component of YABC. YABC also include the LTW internships component, in which students can gain valuable work experience and earn money at the same time. The program’s aim is to enable students to graduate high school, transition into post-secondary education, or into meaningful permanent employment.
Title: Program Manager
Program: Young Adult Borough Center (YABC) @ Washington Irving HS
Reports to: AVP, Career and Education Pathways
FLSA Status: Full-Time Exempt
Basic Function: The Program Manager will plan, implement and operate the YABC Program
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Supervise and direct the activities of the LTW staff including college counselor, internship coordinator, advocate counselors, and social worker
· Effectively manage the daily operations of the program including student recruitment, timesheets and payroll, employment readiness workshops, internship placement, and counseling
· Provide supportive services to students inclusive of youth development, counseling, group work and parent outreach
· Establish formal linkage agreements with a variety of agencies, colleges and organizations to enhance program effectiveness
· Orient staff to LTW program model and approach and provide staff with training and supervision in: the principles of youth development, the skills of solution-focused counseling and advocacy strategies needed for school-based work
· Monitor staff’s job performance to ensure the achievement of contracted milestones (internal and external)
· Manage program budget and adhere to all NYC Mission Society organizational guidelines
· Collaborate with the school Principal and administration to create a partnership between the Mission Society and DOE staff in order to create and maintain a positive learning culture in the school
· Plan, facilitate and/or attend staff meetings and team meetings with appropriate DOE and agency parties
· Perform other duties as assigned
· Master’s degree preferred
· At least 5 year’s experience working with adolescents
· Knowledge of adolescent development and youth development principles
· Proven track record in development and execution of youth, education or related human service programs
· Experience in program administration including staff supervision and program implementation
· Excellent interpersonal communication (written and verbal) and organizational skills
· Ability to work collaboratively with program staff, school principal, administrators and DOE faculty
· Bilingual English – Spanish is a plus.
The Washington Irving Young Adult Borough Center (YABC) is an evening academic programs designed specifically to meet the needs of high school students who might be considering dropping out because they are behind or…
Comprehensive benefits include medical, dental, life, long term disability insurance, 403(b) retirement plan with employer match, TransitChek, Employee Wellness Program, Municipal Credit Union membership, voluntary supplemental insurance options.
Comprehensive benefits include medical, dental, life, long term disability insurance, 403(b) retirement plan with employer match, TransitChek, Employee Wellness Program…
Interested and qualified individuals should forward their resumes with cover letter to HR@nycmissionsociety.org, Subject: YABC Washington Irving HS Program Manager or fax to 212-979-5764.
Interested and qualified individuals should forward their resumes with cover letter to HR@nycmissionsociety.org, Subject: YABC Washington Irving HS Program Manager or…