RESIDENT DIRECTOR–Starting Summer 2022
The Resident Director of Ridgefield A Better Chance (RABC) oversees a residence for 8 female multi-cultural, highly motivated high school students who reside at the RABC House in Ridgefield CT while attending Ridgefield High School.
We are seeking candidates for the 2022-23 academic year with a move-in date during Summer 2022. Consideration of candidates will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Interested applicants should send a cover letter and resume. Couples are also invited to apply.
This live-in position oversees the Ridgefield ABC residence and academic support program. The Resident Director must be committed to helping the scholars succeed in the ABC program, while creating a sense of community within the ABC House.
In addition to providing the ABC scholars with a family-like atmosphere in the House, the Resident Director works closely with the ABC Board of Directors, scholar parents, and school personnel.
Establish supportive relationships with all eight scholars
Keep students highly engaged in learning and with the Ridgefield community. Establish and maintain ongoing relationships with the parents/guardians of the scholars.
Additional Day-to-Day Responsibilities:
- Supervise the daily activities of the scholars
- Lead family style dinners with the scholars Monday through Friday.
- Attend scholars’ extracurricular activities and support their interests
- and achievements
- Plan social and cultural weekend activities in which the entire house will
- Oversee the care and maintenance of the RABC residence
- Ensure scholars abide by all program rules and house policies as stated
- in the RABC Handbook
- Ensure the safety of the scholars in every way and know where they are
- at all times
- Maintain contact with the Board of Directors, scholars’ families, host families, and high school personnel
- Coordinate with RABC Board of Directors to ensure coverage at the house at all times
- Supervise and share responsibility for driving scholars to academic and extracurricular functions as needed
- Manage the household funds, submitting accurate monthly reports to the Board treasurer
- Provide an update on RABC House life at monthly Board meetings and attend Committee meetings as requested
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree
- Experience working with youth
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to resolve conflicts through negotiations and effective
- A commitment to addressing issues of diversity and belonging
- (including, but not limited to, race and gender identity)
- Effective oral and written communication skills, using tact and
- diplomacy with the scholars, their parents, teachers, counselors, and the
- community at large
- Excellent organization and multitasking abilities
- Prior experience in education, social work, or counseling would be a
- Possession of a valid driver’s license and insurance with a clean driver’s
- record, and a willingness to provide transportation for the scholars in
- RABC van.
- Successful passing of a background check
- Fully Vaccinated for COVID-19
- Ridgefield ABC values diversity and is committed to equal opportunity for all persons regardless of age, color, disability, ethnicity, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status protected by law.
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Housing in a separate apartment in the RABC House year-round with
- meals during the school year
- Time off during school hours, school vacations and summers
- One full weekend a month off when scholars are with host families
• The opportunity to make a real difference in the lives of young women