Position Summary: Reporting to the Senior Director, IEM-ISS Services, the Program Manager in partnership with the Director of Programs and Training plays a pivotal role in ensuring high quality production of programs, trainings, meetings, and customer service. The Program Manager is responsible for managing registration, promotion, logistics billing and evaluations for a variety of programs and trainings. Additionally, the Program Manager has an important role in ensuring the success of the Trainer Corps program.
Major Functions and Responsibilities:
Manage and implement program marketing information, registration, enrollment reporting, evaluations, and logistics for in-person and virtual programs and trainings. (30%)
· Create registration events, rosters, compile and disseminate reports in collaboration with other departments as necessary.
· Develop promotional marketing content for assigned programs, trainings and events. Coordinate with Marketing and other departments to disseminate promotional messages through various channels.
· Review, update and maintain relevant webpages in coordination with web content staff.
· Input program and trainer data into databases, learning management systems, and other software.
· Respond to inquiries about program registration or content and provide high level of customer service and support.
· Provide participants preparatory materials per program design.
· Work with trainers/presenters to address program space set-up, special material needs, and equipment requirements.
· Maintain project and organization-wide scheduling calendars.
· Manage scheduling, room and/or virtual space assignments, and on-site logistics for in-person programs.
· Coordinate evaluation and certificate process for assigned programs including disseminating survey, preparing reports for distribution to stakeholders.
For assigned programs, support volunteer member leaders, presenters, fellows and trainers. (25%)
· Ensure presenters and trainers have necessary information for planning, traveling, and presenting programs by co-facilitating trainer orientations with appropriate member leaders and staff.
· Manage scheduling and logistics for in-house, off-site, and virtual leader meetings and support by following up on action items.
· Produce and track presenter and team agreements.
· Provide trainers with access to up-to-date curriculum and materials in preparation for program/workshop delivery.
· Provide on-going customer service and support to trainers, presenters, program participants, and volunteers.
· Prepare track, and reconcile invoices and/or reimbursements for presenters, trainers, and sites, based on the agreed upon program budget.
· Produce and email thank you letters to volunteer presenters, trainers, and project team members.
· Coordinate and manage the dissemination of participant workbooks and other materials, produce supplementary materials, agendas and handouts. Arrange for timely shipment of materials to program venues.
· Provide planning, preparation, and day-of delivery support to assigned training teams.
Support volunteer trainer and reviewer recruitment, application, and notification processes for assigned programs. (10%)
· Ensure marketing messages are prepared and advertised for open positions through various channels.
· Create and track online applications for volunteer training positions.
· Manage web-based application portal.
· Create web-based application review forms.
· Recruit and orient application reviewers.
· Compile information for review teams.
· Coordinate and send final notifications.
· Provide customer service and support to applicants and review teams.
Maintain and support Trainer Corps program. (10%)
· Update Trainer Corps members’ database records.
· Update, implement and oversee the logistics and asynchronous components of the Trainer Corps Induction Program
· Track RSVPs to and involvement/follow-through in Trainer Corps preparation, enrichment, and involvement program activities.
· Record inductee participation in preparation program activities.
· Track Trainer Corps members’ delivery of workshops.
· Create and provide Trainer Corps lists when requested.
· Serve as staff support to Trainer Corps Ambassadors
· Serve as co-editor for quarterly Trainer Corps Times Newsletter.
Manage the Workshop Resource Center (WRC) at the Annual Conference. (5%)
· Review and up-date all staff and volunteer roles and responsibilities related to annual conference workshops virtually or in-person.
· Create, maintain, and disseminate schedule of WRC staff and volunteers for annual conference.
· Serve as point-of-contact for virtual and in-person conference needs for workshops.
· Recruit, assign, train, and manage WRC staff and volunteers prior to and during annual conference.
· Model and provide high quality support and service to annual conference workshop trainers and participants, volunteers, and conference attendees.
· Troubleshoot and resolve issues and concerns and provide necessary support and follow-up.
Update assigned program materials. (5%)
· Update program and training materials and web pages according to NAFSA Style Guide standards.
· Support development and design of program materials and handouts, work with subject matter experts to implement curriculum revisions.
· Provide quality checks on program materials.
· Pursue copyright permissions for curriculum materials when necessary.
Undertake and complete additional projects assigned by Senior Director and Director in support of LPDS related programs, products and services. (10%)
· Provide support to the Academy, eMDP, and NAFSA online learning portfolio as necessary.
· Research, compile data/reports
· Serve as back-up support for LPDS related products, programs and services logistics including registration, customer service, and technology support when necessary.
· Assists Deputy Executive Director on special projects or initiatives projects as needed.
Performs other duties as assigned by the Senior Director and Deputy Executive Director to support achievement of strategic goals and objectives. (5%)
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
· At least two years of previous work experience
· Strong communication skills, both oral and written, including web-based applications
· Demonstrated ability to plan, take initiative, set priorities, and exercise sound judgment in a complex, fast-moving environment
· Experience with database software, as well as various web or cloud-based conferencing platforms
· Ability to master various technology, web, and data management systems
· Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite products
· Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office suite products
· Exposure to or experience in volunteer engagement and/or international education
· Previous experience with NAFSA, international education, or other association membership, or nonprofit organization
Scope of Supervision
The position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
As representatives of a membership organization with a broad and diverse range of activities related to education and training, NAFSA staff possess more than simply specialized capabilities. Each individual is expected to take the initiative to become knowledgeable about the organization as a whole. Association members and other staff expect colleagues to be accessible and responsive, to convey a positive attitude, and to exhibit a high degree of professionalism.
The workday is generally 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. The week after Memorial Day to Labor Day, it is 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Monday through Thursday and 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. on Friday.
Travel is required occasionally related to job responsibilities, especially for the annual conference, regional meetings, and other leadership meetings. Participation in the NAFSA annual conference the week of Memorial Day, including the holiday itself, is a job requirement. The annual conference is held in varying cities.
About NAFSA: Association of International Educators
NAFSA: Association of International Educators is an organization of people dedicated to building a global community and fostering a more peaceful world through advancing international higher education. With approximately 10,000 members, NAFSA is the world’s largest professional development and advocacy organization committed to international learning and creating a more globally engaged, welcoming, and educated United States.
NAFSA believes that international education advances learning and scholarship, fosters understanding and respect among people of diverse backgrounds and perspectives, is essential for developing globally competent individuals, and builds leadership for the global community. We believe that international education lies at the core of an interconnected world characterized by peace, security, and well-being for all.
NAFSA is a workplace that not only appreciates diversity but believes it is our strength, and we strive to create an inclusive culture for all our team members. NAFSA is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Learn more about NAFSA at www.nafsa.org.
Position Summary: Reporting to the Senior Director, IEM-ISS Services, the Program Manager in partnership with the Director of Programs and Training plays a pivotal role in ensuring high quality production of programs, trainings, meetings…