Position Title: ASSISTANT TRAINING & DEVELOPMENT DIRECTOR
Location: NEW YORK CITY (Currently works remotely)
Reports to: PROGRAM DIRECTOR
Company: COMMON DENOMINATOR (formerly Top Honors Inc.)
Common Denominator formerly Top Honors Inc., a nonprofit organization founded in 2002 stands mission-driven to bridging the math literacy divide for in-need New York City middle schoolers, by providing free individualized math tutoring and mentorship. In the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic, C/D seamlessly pivoted from a brick-and-mortar program to a virtual online learning platform that continued to provide students with the stability to learn, play, express their feelings and thrive. Our vision is to become the premier organization addressing math literacy in New York City.
The Asst. Training & Development Director will be responsible for designing, developing, facilitating, and evaluating comprehensive program curriculum to achieve Common Denominator’s program objectives. This role will establish and maintain relationships with community-based organizations and cultivate partnerships to provide high quality holistic learning for middle school students. This individual will be data-driven, and outcome-based and be able to evaluate program efficacy and goal attainment from descriptive data. Based upon the program results the successful candidate will be able to propose training strategies, design, and deliver curriculum that promotes middle school student’s math achievement and enjoyment.
Training and Curriculum Development
- Conducts math tutoring workshops, hosts orientations and trainings to teach core foundational principles, techniques, strategies, and tactics to ensure the seamless delivery of math tutoring services.
- Develops and creates effective and interactive “Train the Trainer” sessions for staff to ensure successful program implementation.
- Develops culturally responsive components and initiatives to compliment weekly program presentations.
- Adapts teaching methods and strategies to meet students, and tutors varying needs, learning styles, abilities, and interests.
- Maintains and develops program goals and objectives for all lessons, modules, and projects.
- Creates video content for asynchronous and synchronous trainings and orientations.
Program Reporting and Analytics
- Drives a data-driven culture and mindset required for demonstrating program efficacy from aggregated data.
- Applies expertise and prior experience analyzing data, outcomes, and survey results to ensure goal attainment.
- Responsible for reporting on program results and making recommendations for future programming.
- Works in collaboration with third-party partners to understand data and document program findings
- Gathers, organizes, and monitors program statistics to ensure alignment of objectives and deliverables with diverse stakeholders.
Team Management & Development
- Coordinates annual tutoring scheduling, schedules guest speakers, and guest trainers for workshops.
- Identifies the professional development needs of part-time staffing and provides additional layers of support through coaching, mentoring, and helping staffing improve their knowledge and skills and apply those skills during the tutoring sessions.
- Works effectively and in collaboration with other members of management and the staff.
- Ensures adherence to administrative policies and mandates governing program implementation and code of conduct.
- Supervises part-time, seasonal staff, and interns.
- Day-to-day administrative functions.
- Completes background checks for staffing.
- Obtains and/or develops effective training materials, utilizing a variety of media.
- Keeps organized and meticulous records.
- Plans, organizes, and facilitates employee training activities and team-building outings.
- Cultivates meaningful relationships with diverse stakeholders.
- Serves as technical support for all software, supporting program infrastructure.
- Composes and/or prepares correspondences, presentations, manuals, and reports using appropriate word processing and spreadsheet tools, as needed.
This is an extraordinary opportunity for an entrepreneurial individual with a track record of success ideating and creating programs and facilitating educational trainings for school-aged children. The successful candidate will possess the following skills, knowledge, and abilities:
- Minimum of a BA, MA preferred.
- Proven experience in a management role.
- Demonstrated success developing and evaluating program models, and selecting and successfully operationalizing innovative programs.
- Proficient in using technology as a reporting tool and experience working with information technology to develop and implement program evaluation systems.
- Strong project management skills managing complex, multifaceted projects resulting in measurable successes and program growth.
- Experience having worked with a high-performance, collaborative, and constructive team
- Preferred experience using Salesforce, FormTitan, and Squarespace.
- Must be Zoom meeting, Google Meet proficient.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with exceptional attention to details
- Must pass pre-employment screening/background check.
- This position works a Tuesday through Saturday schedule.
- The ideal candidate is agile, servant leader who seeks to advance C/D’s mission and vision.