ACT for Women and Girls (ACT) is a reproductive justice organization building power through leadership development, community organizing, advocacy, and policy change in BIPOC communities in Tulare County, and focused on womxn, young people, communities impacted by systemic oppression, and elected officials and decision-makers. Our current organizational strategies include: Centering young people and holding physical space for their growth and healing; creating opportunities to develop leadership; building power of our base through community engagement, political education, civic participation, and connection to broader movements; building strategic alliances with organizations and movements to advance reproductive justice; and, increasing access to reproductive health services and resources.
The Administrative Associate (AA), is a new position at ACT for Women and Girls. The AA will be primarily responsible for ensuring that ACT’s office and operational needs are running smoothly. The AA works “behind the scenes” so that the board, staff, volunteers and consultants have the necessary tools to carry out their respective work. Therefore, the AA must be able to work both independently and communicate and work with different people. This is a great opportunity for students, parents, and anyone looking to work part-time. This position also offers the potential for growth within the organization! The AA will have the opportunity to learn about nonprofit finance, administration and operations.
The Administrative Associate reports to the Board of Directors for an interim period, and works closely with ACT’s financial consultants and the rest of the staff.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Manage office needs, including communications with office lessor and utilities vendors.
- Oversee program and office supplies inventory and purchase/replenish as needed
- Manage ACT’s primary phone line, disseminate or respond to messages as appropriate
- Collect and sort ACT’s mail, and disseminate as needed; special care with financial and confidential personnel matters
- Assist with printing, scanning, copying, and mailing
- Maintain ACT’s database in regards to donors, and generate donor thank you letters.
- Maintain filing systems and data tracking
- Assist with tracking receipts and invoices
- Assist with maintaining independent contractor files.
- Assist with operational needs such as monitoring insurance requests, reports, renewals and claims
- Support with meeting and event logistics coordination; and attend events as needed.
- Support with coordinating board meetings
- Other duties as assigned
- Must support ACT’s mission, and have confidence in working with BIPOC, LGBTQIA, youth, families, and communities of color. Supporting our organizational mission is a fundamental expectation of all employees and volunteers of ACT, regardless of their position or work. Our mission is rooted in Reproductive Justice, which has, at its heart, explicit support for the rights of LGBTQIA people and for the right of all people to access contraception and safe and legal abortion, without judgment or discrimination. Whether in sharing information or resources, written correspondence, speaking one-on-one with community members or to a group, or while representing ACT in any capacity, our employees and volunteers are required to maintain this commitment.
- Associate Degree, preferred.
- Minimum 2 years experience in administration, clerical work, office management etc.
- Strong computer skills, including high proficiency in Google Suite, Microsoft Excel, Word, Adobe PDF file conversion. Knowledge in Quickbooks is a plus!
- High attention to detail, accuracy, and follow-through.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to keep track of and meet various deadlines.
- Excellent organizational, multitasking and prioritization skills.
- Exceptional problem-solving skills. Skills in troubleshooting with technology is a plus!
- Ability to work with confidential and sensitive information in a discrete manner.
- Ability to work both independently and in teams; self-starter with a driven, motivated work ethic.
- Ability to perform under minimal supervision.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Friendly, respectful, and fun to work with.
- Resourceful, resilient, patient, and committed.
- Valid California driver’s license and legally required car insurance.
- Access to a personal vehicle to conduct ACT’s business on a weekly basis.
LOCATION, HOURS, AND WORK SCHEDULE
- This is a part-time position at 10 hours per week, with the opportunity to increase work hours and benefits, with increased workload.
- This position is expected to work on select days Monday through Friday, and occasionally on some evenings and weekends; the exact dates and hours are determined by the supervisor(s).
- This position is based in Visalia, California.
- During the COVID-19 pandemic, ACT employees are primarily working remotely, and will be expected to return to the office, upon notice. During this period, this position is expected to go to the office at least once weekly, following all COVID workplace policies.
- This position is expected to travel locally at least once weekly, and more often when there is a heavier workload. The employee will receive mileage reimbursement for all business related travel, which does not include the employee’s regular commute to and from ACT’s office