About Community Solutions:
Community Solutions is a non-profit organization that works to achieve a lasting end to homelessness that leaves no one behind. We envision a more equitable future where homelessness is never inevitable or a way of life, for anyone. Since 2015, we have led Built for Zero, a movement of more than 70 cities and counties using data to radically change how they work and the impact they can achieve — and proving that it is possible to make homelessness rare and brief. Nearly half of those communities have reduced homelessness in their communities, and 14 have ended veteran or chronic homelessness. In order to help communities equitably and sustainably end homelessness, we are also working to identify solutions that can address gaps in housing, disrupt inflow into homelessness, and produce more racially equitable systems.
Community Solutions seeks leaders at every level: extraordinary, mission-oriented people not satisfied with the status quo. We are a team of values-driven innovators motivated by results. We eagerly seek and support diverse applicants. We provide generous benefits and opportunities for inspiring and transformational professional growth. We pride ourselves in developing an inclusive workplace culture that encourages staff to bring their whole selves to work every day.
This position establishes a Built for Zero (BfZ) staff member accountable for supporting the creation and constantly improving upon a standardized approach to learning and evaluation across all BfZ portfolios while also supporting innovation, knowledge capture, and dissemination.
Defining Success for this Position:
- Develop and lead a team of evaluation, knowledge, and research analysts that use evaluation and knowledge management techniques to provide insights into BfZ program performance and provide recommendations for improvement.
- Lead development of a shared learning system across all BfZ portfolios that support and accelerate the achievement of our strategic plan aims.
- Continue to improve upon processes to identify learning opportunities across BfZ portfolios.
- Continue to improve upon the dissemination of knowledge across BfZ and with external audiences.
- Effectively coach and support other BfZ teams to implement and improve the shared learning system to support their work.
- Support continuous improvement of systems, ensuring data into and from the learning system enables a human-centered approach
- Ensure an equity lens on all evaluation and learning projects, and make concrete, evidence-informed recommendations on how we can further advance equity in all evaluated work
- Our systems are ready to go to scale. Our work is constantly growing, so it’s crucial that we build with an eye toward supporting more communities and initiatives by identifying and disseminating the information they need to inform their work.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervise and professionally develop staff on the Learning and Evaluation Team
- Lead in the continued development of Community Solutions-wide evaluation and learning.
- Lead and support the continued development of knowledge management systems
- Plan for and manage the budget for team-related expenses
- Participate as a full member of the Learning System and Evaluation Leadership Team, assisting with teamwide strategy and decision-making.
- Ongoing and regular coordination across Built for Zero portfolios.
- Support the design of projects for publication and write for publication
- Present summary reports, presentations, and findings to both internal and external audiences
- Experience in MS Office suite, Google Apps, Zoom, Slack, and Asana
- Ability to learn and adopt new technology as necessary
- Execution of direct project work as necessary
- Serve as backup to the Learning System & Evaluation Portfolio Lead, as needed.
- Contribute to team discussions around how to collect, prepare, and interpret information to support learning across the organization
- Other duties, as assigned, to advance the efforts of Built for Zero.
Professional Experience and Qualifications:
- Minimum of three to five years of working experience in a professional environment.
- Experience directly supervising staff.
- Experience with evaluation approaches and methods.
- Experience with change management efforts.
- Knowledge of, or experience working in, improvement and implementation methods.
- Knowledge of, or experience working in, housing and homelessness sectors.
- Equivalent experience in other sectors that require training and supporting others using data may be substituted.
- Strong ability to interpret both quantitative and qualitative data.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- The ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Intellectual curiosity and appreciative inquiry.
- Self-motivation, flexibility, and integrity.
- Ability to learn and adopt new technology as necessary
- Must have the ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced, dynamic team environment and demonstrate a willingness to shift easily between various responsibilities with diverse stakeholders.
- Demonstrated understanding of structural racism and strategies for advancing equity and supporting people of color in the workplace
- Non-traditional candidates are welcome. Community Solutions strives for representation and authentic inclusion of applicants and employees who have direct, first-hand experience with poverty, homelessness, and their root causes (including marginalization, discrimination, and inequity).
- Google Apps
- MS Office
CS offers competitive salaries and benefits packages for every position. Salary range for this position is $85,500-$111,200.
This position can be located anywhere in the U.S. and provides the flexibility to work from a remote location without the standard support available at an office if desired. The Built for Zero team has offices in Los Angeles and New York.
Diversity and Inclusion:
We strive for inclusivity and diversity by attracting extraordinary people from diverse backgrounds and lived experiences. We seek to employ an all-star team of people who vary by race and ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, nationality, age, culture, religion, veteran status, and physical and mental abilities. We promote equal opportunity in the recruitment, selection, training, compensation, promotion, and benefits of all employees.
COVID-19 Vaccination Mandate:
COVID-19 vaccination is mandatory for all Community Solutions staff—full-time, part-time, and contracted. Vaccination documentation must be provided to Community Solutions. Vaccination information is completely confidential between the staff member and HR.