The Communications Specialist is responsible for leading the organization's integrated communication and marketing strategy to strengthen Tower Cancer Research Foundation's brand, raise its visibility in the fundraising landscape, and articulate clear messaging to internal and external audiences. In addition, this position oversees the creation, design, execution, and maintenance of all printed communications and online platforms and coordinates all communications activities to ensure clarity and consistency in branding and positioning. The primary objective of the Communications Specialist is to tell the unique story of TCRF and its impact on the cancer landscape.
- This position reports to the Executive Director.
- Compensation: $70,000 - $80,000 annual salary
Communications Specialist Responsibilities:
General Marketing & Communications
- Develop and implement a comprehensive communications plan to educate, cultivate and engage the Foundation's diverse audiences: current and prospective donors, program participants, grantees, volunteers, community partners, and leaders. The plan will include but is not limited to: print/mail, email, website, social media, in-person and Zoom presentations, and media relations.
- Establish and maintain a strong and distinctive brand voice for all public relations, marketing, advertising, and communications outreach.
- Ensure consistency of all internal and external documents to convey a cohesive brand and high-quality communications across all platforms, and maintain our brand identity and messaging style guide.
- Manage relationships, workflow, quality control, and budgets for communications vendors, including graphic designers, website developers, printers, promotional item providers, photographers, and others
- Write letters, interdepartmental memos, and other business correspondence.
- Organize and maintain a repository of digital assets, including photos, images, and graphic templates.
- Collaborate with development and program colleagues to maintain communications and marketing editorial calendar for web, email, and social media communication.
- Contribute to corporate/partner engagement content development in collaboration with key development and program staff.
Media & Public Relations
- Collaborate with leadership to manage a strategic plan for media relations.
- Help manage public relations consultants for overall press, events, and programs.
Digital Management: Website, Email, and Social Media Management
- Manage website content: update time-sensitive information, write and edit content, monitor site analytics, work independently and with vendors to implement new brand strategy.
- Support email marketing efforts, including developing content and writing e-newsletters, updates, and other outreach (Constant Contact experience a plus).
- Develop and implement social media strategy to increase engagement on appropriate accounts and manage all aspects of Foundation's social media presence (LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube) .
- Collaborate with colleagues to increase awareness of fundraising campaigns, events, and programs through regular digital and social engagement.
- Produce ads, flyers, banners, brochures, fact sheets, event signage, invitations, etc., as needed, with and without the support of an outside graphic design vendor(s).
Data & Analytics
- Monitor, report, and present on online engagement analytics (web, email, social media).
- Leverage key engagement metrics across platform to optimize content, messaging, and distributions.
- Create and implement strategies for lead generation and increased online donor participation in coordination with development staff.
Key Skills And Qualifications
- Clear knowledge of the principles of integrated marketing and communications.
- Strong writer, editor, and proofreader with the ability to identify and generate creative and compelling copy for both internal and external audiences.
- Strong management and interpersonal skills.
- Comprehensive knowledge of industry-standard, creative software (Adobe Creative Suite).
- Flexible problem solver with the ability to work with a variety of people and personality types.
- Experience with website design and maintenance (Word Press).
- Knowledge of video production and implementation to meet strategic goals and objectives.
- Experience working with standard productivity tools (MS Office Suite, G Suite) and a variety of technical systems, including a comprehensive donor database .
- Commitment to innovation and professional development.
- Self-confident, enthusiastic, and collaborative professional.
- Ability to work on deadline in a fast-paced environment
Required Education & Experience
- Bachelor's degree required, with at least five years of experience in a relevant area of
- communications, marketing, public relations, preferably in a non-profit setting.
- Experience with fundraising campaign(s) and donor relations a plus.
To apply for this position, send cover letter and resume to Steven Abramson, Executive Director, at email@example.com