Celebrating its 15th Anniversary season, Constellation Theatre Company seeks a Theatre Marketing and Content Creator to support the company as we launch into our next chapter.
Constellation Theatre Company (CTC) tells big, powerful stories in an intimate space. We spark curiosity and imagination by showcasing diverse stories from all over the world that reveal the vast range of human experience.
Our shows feature visual spectacle, live music, dynamic movement and passionate acting ensembles.
We are committed to artistic excellence as we produce a wide variety of imaginative, vibrant shows; our enthusiasm is constantly renewed by creative ideas. Connections with people are at the heart of both our product and our process. Everybody’s voice is welcomed, valued and respected. You will experience the opportunities of working with a small organizational staff, as well as a sense of community with our large production teams and audience base.
We offer a hybrid work model with flexibility in scheduling and location. Activities involving artists and patrons call for in-person attendance, sometimes on nights and weekends. Our theatre and office space is at Source 1835 14th St. NW Washington, DC. It is metro-accessible and the neighborhood offers grocery stores, banks, pharmacies, a variety of fitness centers, great restaurants, and live music and theatre venues all within walking distance.
Constellation’s Core Company Values
- Produce excellent theatre that is engaging, challenging and entertaining.
- Treat all community members (collaborators and audience members) with dignity, kindness and respect.
- Acknowledge racism and oppression and reduce their harm.
- Create a safe and healthy environment for all.
- Foster enthusiastic collaboration and open communication.
- Have fun! Encourage laughter, gratitude, and joy.
Constellation values a diverse, inclusive and equitable work environment. We encourage people of color to apply. Learn more about our Company Values here: https://www.constellationtheatre.org/mission
- Create institutional and show-specific marketing materials;
- Uphold a consistent visual brand and company voice across all mediums;
- Collaborate with the Artistic Director and Managing Director on marketing and PR strategy;
- Design season brochures, posters, postcards, playbills, ads, and mailing collateral;
- Improve, maintain and make routine updates to Constellation’s website;
- Design and implement email campaigns;
- Generate 4-6 weekly social media posts and foster online engagement;
- Create and edit original graphics for use across a wide array of company communications;
- Film and edit in-house promotional videos;
- Coordinate promotional photoshoots and production photos;
- Manage and coordinate work with outside art services and printers to meet deadlines of deliverables;
- Place ads in print and online and negotiate advertising contracts;
The successful candidate will be
- an experienced professional with a proven track record in content creation;
- an individual with a great eye and compelling design aesthetic;
- skilled in graphic design, typography, negative space, color theory, and layout techniques;
- able to work both independently and as part of a team;
- detail-oriented with strong organizational skills;
- interested in marketing and new audience development initiatives;
- a person with superior verbal and written communication skills;
- a creative, energetic individual who is committed to realizing the vision of Constellation Theatre Company.
Candidates for this position will possess:
- A background in theatre or experience working with a performing arts organization;
- A highly collaborative spirit;
- Analytical skills and the ability to offer creative solutions;
- The ability to properly prepare for and meet deadlines;
- Fundamental computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Google Apps;
- Experience with design and website software (Adobe Creative Cloud Suite and Wix a plus);
- Familiarity with Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram;
- An understanding of website and social media metrics and best practices; and
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination.