Title: Patient Services Associate
Location: Mobile Health Van
Reporting to the Mobile Health Operations Coordinator, the Patient Services Associate (PSA) is responsible for working in collaboration with clinical staff and collaborative partners to provide administrative and relationship management support to Project Renewal’s Mobile Health Program. Working as a member of Project Renewal’s Mobile Health team--and in partnership with PRI-based programs and external partners-- the PSA works directly on the mobile health vehicles to identify and link existing and potential patients to available health services.
Note that this position requires travel across all five boroughs and Long Island, and will be required to work at least one (1) day on the weekend.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Serve as liaison to a portfolio of specific collaborative partners, notifying partner representatives of upcoming service schedules and cancellations, coordinating lists of patients identified in need of service appointments and other related correspondence
- Schedule patients for appointments for mammography and/ or primary care services with mobile health units, based on clinical recommendations and patient preference; connect with patients with
- missed appointments or requests to adjust appointment times for re-scheduling; support care coordination and linkages to care to other services offered across the healthcare department (e.g. psychiatry, addiction medicine and dental services)
- Register new patients into the healthcare program using patient registration and appropriate consent forms, and entering contact, demographic and financial data into the Electronic Medical Record (EMR); ensure that current patient registrations and other related information is updated accordingly
- Support access to referral-based specialty care, including but not limited to providing referral appointment reminders to patients, conduct follow-up calls for consult notes
- Support access to health insurance by referring eligible patients to enrollment specialist team
- Expanding awareness of the mobile health program through direct community outreach, including shelter residence common areas and surrounding perimeters, faith and community-based organizations such as soup kitchens, transitional and assessment-based housing
- In collaboration with healthcare leadership, follow established workflows centered on clinical, safety & security and operations; mitigate challenges and proactively work with Mobile Health Operations Coordinator to address barriers that prevent the provision of services
- Keeps office and incentive-based supplies adequately stocked by anticipating inventory needs, placing orders/requests, and monitoring office equipment
- Distributing and collecting post- service patient satisfaction surveys and other related survey instruments as directed.
- Work closely with Mobile Health Operations Coordinator in tracking and reporting site utilization
- Participates in departmental meetings and conferences as representatives of the mobile health programs
- Complete additional duties/ tasks as assigned by the supervisor
- High school diploma or graduation equivalency degree (GED)
- Minimum one (1) year work experience in a medical office setting
- Basic competency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel)
- Substantial telephone etiquette, verbal and written communication skills
- Strong time management, multi-tasking, organization, scheduling skills
- Strong customer service / relationship management skills
- Associate degree, or knowledge of clinical / office procedures usually obtained from a certificate or Associates degree
- Bilingual / fluency in Spanish a plus
- Valid and current Driver’s License
- Owns or has access to a car
- Experience with the eClinical Works (eCW) electronic health record system a plus
To Apply: Apply through link at Patient Services Associate - Career Portal (dayforcehcm.com)
All newly hired Project Renewal staff must provide verification of being fully vaccinated against Covid-19.