ABOUT THE POSITION: The Case Manager provides trauma-informed case management services designed to stabilize housing for residents who have experienced homelessness. This includes assessment, information and referral, goal setting, and direct advocacy, cooperative case planning and coordination of services. They assist and empower residents to make necessary connections with community and providers to stabilize their lives. This is a unionized position, represented by Local 8 of the Office and Professional Employees International Union (OPEIU).
ABOUT THE PROGRAM: Developed in partnership with Gethsemane Lutheran Church in downtown Seattle, the 50 apartments in Dekko Place serve individuals and families earning between 30 to 60 percent of Area Median Income (AMI). Some units are set aside for individuals with physical or developmental disabilities. The program offers onsite case management services.
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION: Compass Housing Alliance develops and provides essential services and affordable housing for individuals and families experiencing housing instability in the greater Puget Sound region. We envision a world in which every person lives in a safe and caring community. Compass offers an open, supportive, and challenging work environment committed to promoting the dignity and well-being of each person that we serve. We consider the diversity of the staff, guests, residents, and community partners to be an important asset. We recognize the value that different perspectives and cultures bring to the organization. To learn more about the agency visit www.compasshousingalliance.org.
LOCATION: Downtown Neighborhood (Seattle, WA)
REPORTS TO: Program Coordinator
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
SCHEDULE: Monday-Friday 9:30am-6pm; with weekly staff meetings.
SALARY RANGE: $21.21 per hour
FULL-TIME BENEFITS PACKAGE INCLUDES: Unlimited Orca Transportation Pass, Medical/Prescription/Vision, Dental, $500 Health Flexible Spending Account 4 Weeks of Paid Time Off (PTO) & 11 Paid Holidays, Retirement Plan, Employee Assistance Program.
• Work experience is a key factor for success in this role. In addition, success in this role requires a passion for knowledge and drive for continuing professional development or education. A Bachelor’s and/or master’s degree in social work or related field would be a compliment to the required experience.
• A minimum of 1-year experience in case management.
• A minimum of 2-years’ experience in a social/human service setting related to housing and homelessness, required.
• Awareness and/or training around issues of equity, intersectionality, and belonging.
• Current WA State Food Handlers Permit, desired (If not current, will be sponsored within 1-month of hire).
• Familiarity with issues of homelessness, mental illness, substance abuse, sexual assault, and/or domestic violence, required.
• Valid WA driver’s license, proof of car insurance, and a driving record that meets Compass standards, required.
HOW TO APPLY?
Please visit our website for more details and complete an application at http://www.compasshousingalliance.org/employment/
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
Compass Housing Alliance is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity and treats all employees and applicants equally without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, citizenship, veteran or marital status, sensory, physical or mental disability and all other groups protected by law, and promotes diversity in its workforce. Compass Housing Alliance takes affirmative action to implement programs and maintain practices and policies that eliminate barriers to equal employment opportunity. Our program is available for review by employees and applicants for employment in the Human Resources Office during regular office hours.
In compliance with the ADA Amendment Act, should you have a disability that requires assistance and/or reasonable accommodation with the job application process, please contact the Human Resources department via phone at 206-474-1100 or via e-mail at HRInfo@compasshousingalliance.org.
ABOUT THE POSITION: The Case Manager provides trauma-informed case management services designed to stabilize housing for residents who have experienced homelessness. This includes assessment, information and referral, goal setting…