ABOUT THE JOB
Urban Arts Partnership is seeking an exceptional Development Associate to join our growing Philanthropy Team. The position is responsible for supporting all aspects of cultivation and fundraising including data entry and management, gift processing, special events, fundraising appeals, and mail and e-mail communications. This role requires excellent written and verbal communication skills, and superb organization and attention to detail, as well as professionalism and discretion, initiative and resourcefulness, the ability to deftly multi-task, and a willingness to work on a wide variety of projects and tasks. This is an ideal position for someone interested in exploring many aspects of nonprofit fundraising and who can balance the core duties that are vital to the team’s day-to-day operations with more elevated projects related to events, external and internal communications and interaction, and others.
- Aid in the coordination and execution of UAP’s cultivation and stewardship events, communications, and activities.
- Serve as primary liaison with event donors, a critical role responsible for accurately tracking and communicating all relevant details related to their support, recognition, and the event
- Play an integral role in the planning and implementation of The Color Ball, our annual gala
Fundraising & Communications
- Conduct prospect research on individual and corporate prospects to help assess funding opportunities, as needed
- Join Director of Philanthropy on solicitation calls
- Oversee the critical and timely production and execution of donor acknowledgement letters to individual and institutional supporters
- Assist with online solicitations
Data & Gift Processing
- Serve as Development team’s primary data manager and lead for inputting of donor, pledge/gift, contact, and prospect data in Salesforce
- Enter all gifts and grants in the Salesforce system, taking responsibility for securing necessary information from team members overseeing the gifts/grants; reviewing all entries for accuracy; liaising with the Finance team; and overseeing timely production of reports on gift/pledge receipts to internal teams
- Manage entry of contacts into Salesforce for Philanthropy team, maintaining an eye for data integrity and avenues to improve processes related to data management
- Review and manage fundraising data, lists, and reports for accuracy; undertake review and data clean up projects as they arise; and ensure confidentiality
- Produce data pulls, lists, and reports, as needed, for the team, including updates on gifts/pledges; contacts and prospects; campaign lists, etc
- Produce detailed Activity Reports at points throughout the year to update key stakeholders on the Board, Creative Professionals Board, for example, with support raised from their networks and efforts
- Manage soft/hard copy files of all gifts, grants and correspondence with donors
- Serve as a co-administrator of Boardable, a board management solution and mobile app
- Maintain a professional and well-organized department
- Create efficiencies in functions and operations
- Provide support to the department, as needed
Other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Passion for and commitment to UAP’s mission
- Passion for creative problem solving and maximizing system efficiency
- Interest in fundraising, data, and events management
- Familiarity with Salesforce, or a similar donor database system; Willingness to learn new computer skills and platforms as necessary
- Mastery of Microsoft Suite ( Office, PowerPoint, Excel) and Google tools (Drive, Sheets, Docs, Slides) are preferred
- Extraordinary attention to detail and superior organizational skills. Keeps track of projects and drives toward deadlines while communicating progress in real-time
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Ability to address a range of audiences, including donors, volunteers, Board and Associate Board members, vendors, staff, students, and alumni
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment with precision, accuracy, and flexibility
- Personal dedication to the quality of work produced and a high level of accountability
- Comfort in a team-oriented environment with open communication and inclusive decision-making
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
Salary is commensurate with experience, plus top-of-the-line medical benefits and vacation policy, 401k, life insurance, pre-tax commuter and flex spending benefits, office snacks, as well as a great work environment.
Please submit a resume and cover letter, outlining how your credentials relate specifically to the responsibilities and qualifications listed above, salary requirements, and earliest available start date to email@example.com. Please put “Development Associate” in the subject line.