PBHA is #hiring a Non-Profit Management Fellow! This full-time position is intended for a recent college graduate, preferably with experience with PBHA and/or Harvard public service programs.
The PBHA Non-Profit Management Fellow will assume responsibilities in all of the following aspects of non-profit management: fundraising, special events, public relations and marketing, finances, technological support, alumni outreach and coordination, and administrative support. This position is intended to provide valuable experiences and learning opportunities for someone who hopes to pursue a leadership role in a public interest organization as the Fellow makes significant contributions to the management of the organization.
The deadline to apply is Friday, August 5th, and applicants are encouraged to apply earlier rather than later.
Job Description and link to application: https://sjobs.brassring.com/TGnewUI/Search/home/HomeWithPreLoad?partnerid=25240&siteid=5341&PageType=JobDetails&jobid=1961196
- Attends regular Resource Development Committee meetings
- Coordinates and plans, along with Fundraising staff and student Resource Development Chairs, Annual Appeal and Summer Urban Program (SUP) fundraising appeals and phone-a-thons
- Supports and oversees all fundraising efforts for a subset of SUP camps; assists the Senior Development Coordinator with grant research and applications, both for the organization and for individual programs; assists the Senior Development Coordinator and Major Donor and Communications Coordinator with individual donor stewardship and outreach
- Coordinates Seniors Gives fundraising efforts for recent alumni.
- Assists in planning for and overseeing the annual Robert Coles “Call of Service” Award and Lecture, the Annual SUP Auction, including design of publicity materials, corporate sponsorship outreach, auction item acquisition, and day-of event management
- Assists planning for and overseeing the PBHA Open Houses; assists planning for and overseeing the annual Public Service Celebration, the annual Mid-Summer Celebration; promotes, plans, and executes SUP Tours for distinguished guests and donors.
Public Relations and Marketing:
- Supports Major Donor & Communications Officer in overseeing and managing PBHA’s branding standards and policies, along with student leaders of the Communications Committee
- Oversees and manages PBHA’s email marketing system
- Works with staff and student team to manage PBHA’s social media presence, which currently includes Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, and LinkedIn
- Works closely with student leaders to ensure that information is always up to date and accurate in all PBHA communications and marketing materials
- Supports PBHA’s student leaders in developing intentional, focused outreach and public relation plans to promote PBHA and its endeavors on campus and beyond
- Designs, prints and distributes PBHA’s Annual Report; designs, prints and distributes the SUP Newsletter
- Assists PBHA Management, Financial Administrator, and student Treasurer in coordinating the annual budgeting process and development of organizational budget each fiscal year
- Oversees and develops PBHA’s public relations, fundraising, alumni, and special events budgets and tracks expenses in each
- Attends Finance Committee meetings
- Administrates the PBHA Website, ensuring information is regularly updated and new web pages are created as needed
- Administers PBHA’s Slack Communication Tool and Google Suite, which currently includes PBHA’s Gmail system and PBHA’s Google Drive file server
- Maintains Salesforce data and supports virtual events and meetings
Alumni Outreach and Coordination:
- Supports the management and coordination of the PBHA Alumni Association (PBHA-A), a public service Shared Interest Group affiliated with the Harvard Alumni Association and comprising former PBHA volunteers
- Plans and oversees Alumni Mentoring and the annual Alumni Weekend, which usually overlaps with the Robert Coles “Call of Service” Lecture and Award
- Assists planning for and overseeing PBHA’s Alumni Reunion events during Harvard Commencement and Reunion weeks
- Assists planning for and overseeing student and staff visits with alumni supporters
- Manages the senior send-off events
- Supports the Major Donor & Communication officer in administration and support structures for PBHA’s Salesforce Alumni-Donor Database
- Provides general administrative support for the Executive Director and manages special projects as assigned
- Assists in the planning and execution of Board of Trustee events
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required
- Minimum of 1 year relevant work experience
Additional Qualifications and Skills
- At least one year’s experience in public service
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Google Suite, and social media management