The Stanley M. Isaacs Neighborhood Center (Isaacs Center) is a non-profit, multi-service organization focusing primarily on the needs of children and low-income families, out-of-school and out-of-work youth and aging New Yorkers. We operate at community centers located in the neighborhoods of East Harlem and Yorkville, and seek to deliver programs that are impactful, innovative, and intergenerational.
Under the supervision of the Community Engagement Manager, the Community Benefit Specialist will be responsible for, but not limited to the following duties:
- Conduct support and surveying calls to community members to assess need and share information
- Track data associated with support calls
- Provide support to homebound older adults
- Assist in all aspects of the distribution of nutritional food packages to eligible clients, including, but not limited to, stocking shelves, assisting with deliveries, and conducting intake and assessment.
- Assist with packaging food items
- Keep products separated, organized, and in good rotation
- Break down boxes as food is stored or given out.
- Assist with collecting and inputting all necessary data and provide all required information for weekly/monthly/quarterly/annual reports.
- Pulls and packs pantry items
- Ensures that meal bags are properly packed and secure prior to delivery.
- Deliver pantry bags to community members as per the assigned route
- Maintains accurate log of deliveries
- Attends all in-service training and monthly meetings.
- Help when needed on special projects
- Performs other duties as requested.
- High School Diploma or HSE is preferred
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds
- Demonstrated sensitivity to the aging population
- Knowledge of reviewing route sheets
- Good communication skills both listening and following directions
- Be courteous to clients
- Comfortable using technology, smartphones, email accounts
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Publisher
- Able to work either Thanksgiving or Christmas Day
Goddard Riverside and Isaacs Center follow the CDC and NYS recommendations to prevent the spread of COVID-19, and are now requiring all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they have a qualified exemption.