Protect Democracy seeks a motivated and entrepreneurial individual to join our team as Partnerships Associate.
At Protect Democracy, we anchor our work in service to our ambitious mission: to prevent American democracy from declining into a more authoritarian form of government. Our mission is the foundation of our team, be it litigation, advocacy, or ensuring that our organization has the financial security to continue to meet the urgency of the moment and the importance of this movement.
In the role of Partnerships Associate, you will join our small, highly collaborative fundraising team and play a critical part in securing the financial future of Protect Democracy. In your work, you will collaborate with the fundraising team to develop and achieve annual fundraising goals, manage Protect Democracy’s development database, critically analyze and distill development data to shape team processes and decision-making, disseminate reports and systems that track progress against annual and quarterly revenue targets, and org-wide gifts processing. In addition, part of this role will include serving as the administrative assistant to the Executive Director, who oversees and regularly collaborates with the fundraising team; by helping to manage scheduling and correspondence, you will ensure that the Executive Director is best positioned to advance Protect Democracy’s mission.
As a member of the Partnerships team, you will:
- Implement a thoughtful approach to Client Relationship Management (CRM) strategy and administration
- Working from a macro and micro-level perspective, build a deep understanding of the fundraising process across the team with the goal of shaping best practices and supporting database management for all fundraising team members
- Update and manage fundraising team contacts and accounts within our CRM database
- Streamline, systematize, and codify the use of our CRM to capture, report, and analyze data
- Generate systems that track progress against annual and quarterly fundraising targets
- Provide regular reports forecasting and measuring progress against targets
- Provide regular reports forecasting and measuring progress against targets, including by maintaining and improving fundraising team dashboards
- Source and maintain donor renewal and prospecting tools used by the fundraising team
- Work collaboratively with members of the fundraising team to maximize the use of donor and prospect information through custom reports and campaigns
- Org-wide gifts processing
- Work with the operations team to process the organization’s gifts on a weekly basis and maintain accurate and detailed records of gifts for reporting and auditing purposes
- Manage the gift acknowledgment process, ensuring minimal turnaround time
- Provide part-time administrative support to the Executive Director
- Work with the executive director to screen and triage incoming internal and external requests, including routine correspondence, scheduling matters, and requests for information.
The ideal candidate will bring:
- A deep personal calling at this moment in time to be a part of the movement to protect democracy;
- Professional experience in a mission-driven organization;
- Facility with CRM databases and data management;
- The ability to understand complex technical systems and break those systems down into clear explanations for less technical audiences;
- Sharp analytical skills — can assess the inputs that lead to desired outputs, determine methodologies to maintain flow of information, and the ability to eliminate inefficiencies
- Proven project management experience, including ability to develop and implement plans and track, prioritize and balance an assortment of ongoing responsibilities and competing deadlines;
- Strong personal motivation and ability to quickly master the mechanics of new concepts, markets, or systems;
- Excellent critical thinking skills––can reason through novel problems and have good instincts about how to get to efficient solutions;
- Rigorous attention to detail and the highest standards for excellence in execution;
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills;
- Excellent interpersonal and diplomatic skills;
- A belief that there is strength in diversity and a commitment to ensuring an inclusive workplace;
- Enthusiasm to learn and a growth mindset that recognizes that we are all on a constant path of improvement;
- Enthusiasm to work in a collaborative environment with shared leadership;
- A passion for creativity and innovation with expanding fundraising efforts in a time of COVID-19, when limited face-to-face meetings and planned events will require outside the box fundraising strategies and a willingness to test new methods and systems;
- Comfort with an open and transparent culture with constant feedback up, down, and sideways;
- A healthy mix of idealism, sophistication and practicality, coupled with personal kindness and generosity of spirit.
- Enthusiasm for team collaboration and working with people with diverse backgrounds and characteristics, and openness to a diversity of ideas and perspectives
- Passionate commitment to the preservation of democratic norms and institutions and ensuring those structures serve all people