APPLY BY: June 20th, 2022. The application portal will remain open until the position is filled.
CLICK TO SUBMIT HERE: https://bit.ly/BGDM-Hire-ExecAssist
Send any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
Interested applicants are asked to submit the following:
A brief statement (250 words max) that includes:
- The candidate’s interest in BGDM’s mission and programs
- The candidate’s applicable experience and qualifications for the position
- Salary requirements
- Resume or CV
- One professional writing sample (meeting notes, an email to partners/board members, a
- project or grant proposal, a project tracking document, schedule with top summary, or similar.)
Brown Girls Doc Mafia (BGDM) advocates for over 5,000 women and non-binary professionals of color working across the global documentary film industry. Our mission is to bolster the creative and professional success of these women and non-binary people of color through advocacy, community building, grantmaking, artist programs, and access to professional development opportunities. By investing in our community we seek to disrupt inequity across the documentary film industry.
We are seeking an Executive Assistant/ Projects Associate to oversee BGDM's Executive Director’s administrative needs and coordination of special projects, and to lend additional project support to the Operations, Fundraising, Programs, and Communications departments. The role requires an adaptable, highly organized, motivated, and responsible administrator. It’s best suited for applicants who are NYC-based and are looking for full-time work in a small but influential organization.
- Implement a broad variety of administrative tasks for the Executive Director including (not limited to): scheduling meetings and managing a demanding calendar; composing and responding to email correspondence on behalf or the ED; organizing the ED’s event attendance and speaking engagements (including travel and housing logistics); taking notes and preparing documents for meetings; tracking and extracting ED’s business contacts to be updated in the CRM and listservs; light budgeting and tracking of expenses.
- Communicate daily with the Executive Director to keep them briefed on upcoming engagements, responsibilities, meetings, events, or items requiring regular or urgent attention.
- Regularly liaises between the Executive Director and staff members for ad hoc requests and final approvals
- Manage staff meetings including scheduling, compiling agendas, taking notes, and circulating summaries, directives, and updates
- Oversee the main BGDM general inquiry inbox: Investigate and determine the appropriate response or redirect to the appropriate department. Track requests or issues especially pertinent to the ED.
Partnerships, Advisory Board, & Special Projects
- Support the Executive Director and Development Department to research, track, and correspond with current and potential funders, partners, and business opportunities.
- Work with the Executive Director to co-manage ad hoc internal special projects and events such as development retreats, team-building activities, and guest speakers.
- Manage correspondence and logistics for BGDM Board meetings and administration, including preparing presentations and packets, taking meeting notes, and tracking follow-ups
- Support ED and other department heads to organize materials for impact reports, strategic planning, fundraising campaigns, annual work/program plans, etc.
- Lend ad hoc administrative support to all departments for various programmatic and operational activities.
- A minimum of 3-5 years in an executive administrative position in the non-profit or film industry. Experience managing projects, partnerships, events, communication, and/or development is strongly preferred.
- Commitment to the advocacy of women & non-binary people of color in media.
- Excellent project and time management skills with great attention to detail, and mindful of
- deadlines and accuracy.
- Proactive, resourceful, and thorough problem-solver with a keen understanding of priority
- setting. Dedicated to ensuring their supervisors shine and are set up for success.
- Strong decision-making capabilities, who anticipates needs, and initiates following-ups.
- Good listener, clear communicator, logical thinker
- Strong emotional core, good humored, thrives under pressure, and manages their own stress and that of others extremely well.
- Proficient with G-suite, Microsoft & Mac Office, Zoom, Doodle, Calendly required
- Some experience with Quickbooks, basic social media and web platforms, Asana, Canva, Adobe
- CC and CRMs is a plus but not required
- Start Date: July 1st, 2022, or as soon as possible
- Location: NYC-based, hybrid (remote daily work with occasional in-person meetings, events)
- Type: Full-Time position (32-40 hours/week)
- Salary: $60,000/year, and is commensurate with experience
- Contract-to-Perm: This role is initially an Independent Contractor (1090) for up to three
- months with the opportunity and expectation of full-time (W2) employment with a
- comprehensive benefits package.
- Equal Opportunity Employer: At BGDM we celebrate diversity and champion equity and inclusive hiring practices.