Winner of more than 40 Emmy Awards, ITVS is public media’s leading incubator and presenter of documentary film. We partner with filmmakers who bring untold stories to public broadcasting to make a difference in the world. For over 25 years, we’ve been committed to diversity on both sides of the camera, helping filmmakers tell and share vital stories that are reflective of our society. Two-thirds of our filmmakers, and more than half of our staff, are people of color.
The person in this role will report to the Director of Human Resources and will support the HR team and staff with a variety of HR functions. Responsibilities include: overseeing all aspects of recruitment processes and procedures while prioritizing diversity in all outreach and selection processes; implementing and maintaining HR protocols that will support institutional, operational and HR strategies; providing HR support to staff that results in an informed, cared-for and engaged workforce; and generally being responsive to day-to-day HR needs.
- Partner with the HR Director to design, develop, implement and manage sustainable and progressive HR practices, procedures and protocols.
- Recruit, interview, and facilitate the hiring of qualified job applicants for open positions; collaborate with hiring managers to understand the skills and competencies needed for the job, act as a trusted advisor in guiding hiring managers to adopt best practices in recruitment, and partner with hiring managers to ensure a diverse pool of qualified applicants is achieved.
- Act as a project manager on all recruiting processes - providing updates on job postings, applicant pool, time to fill, applicant status and more..
- Be the first point of contact for staff questions and escalate issues to other members of the HR team, as needed.
- Identify and drive process improvement efforts, using systems and tools to automate and eliminate manual work where possible.
- Document, maintain and communicate essential protocols to stakeholders, supervisors, and staff.
- Contribute to writing and editing internal communications.
- Support data collection and reporting initiatives.
- Work in conjunction with the Business Manager on scheduling a variety of activities and meetings.
- Assist with the delivery of annual performance evaluations and support staff in resolving system issues.
- Stay abreast of federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations; recommend best practices in relation to new compliance measures; review policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Maintain knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
- Provide overall support with the administration of the employee life cycle from onboarding to offboarding.
- Deliver new hire orientations.
- Maintain an up-to-date organizational chart.
- Serve as a backup administrator to the Business Manager on the following processes:
- Bi-monthly payroll process.
- Benefits and leave administration.
- General HRIS data administration and reporting.
- Onboarding communications, scheduling and preparation.
- Provide miscellaneous project support and management in HR functional areas such as professional development administration and tracking, compensation data management and research, intranet and internal communications management, talent management, etc.
- Take lead as a point person for staff appreciation events.
- Provide enthusiastic and exceptional customer service to all staff that conveys a sense of inclusion and belonging; anticipate needs, handle inquiries, and resolve issues.
- Contribute to developing ITVS culture by proactively participating in institutional programs and staff events.
- Other duties may be assigned as needed
- A commitment to social impact work and engagement in a variety of social, economic, and cultural perspectives.
- Cares about principles associated with diversity and inclusion; willing and wanting to support the voices and visions of underrepresented communities, and reflect the interests and concerns of a diverse society.
- Excellent research, writing, and oral communication skills; including interpersonal, negotiation, listening and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent relations skills and “can do” attitude; responds quickly to inquiries; able to work effectively and collaboratively cross-functionally.
- Strong customer service mentality; can be trusted to maintain confidentiality, acts with integrity and professionalism.
- Quickly establishes credibility as an HR subject matter expert; familiarity with federal, state and San Francisco labor laws.
- Sound judgment, practical and solution-oriented.
- Enjoys working as a team member as well as independently, reports progress and results when called upon to do so.
- Stays focused, highly organized, pays close attention to detail, produces reliable results, and possesses follow through skills.
- High learning agility and a desire to take on new responsibilities and grow your HR professional knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Adaptable and able to work in a fast-paced and constantly changing environment.
- Willing to support leadership’s decision and direction in a positive, professional and cooperative manner.
- Willingness to tackle matters outside area of expertise.
- Demonstrates humility and a sense of humor.
- Required: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college.
- Required: Minimum of 4+ years of relevant experience working in a human resource capacity.
- Required: Experience managing data within HR information systems and/or payroll systems.
- Required: Demonstrated experience handling highly sensitive and confidential information.
- Required: Experiential knowledge of Federal, California and San Francisco labor laws.
- Preferred: HR certification.
- Preferred: Experience with internet research, Google Workspace, Paylocity, Ease Central, and Asana.
- Preferred: Experience posting jobs to a variety of job boards such as LinkedIn, Craigslist, etc.
- Preferred: Broad knowledge of HR practices including benefits, compensation, employment law, employee relations, HRIS management, talent management, learning and development.
This is an exempt position that offers a base salary of $75,000.00 with a robust benefits package.
ITVS aspires to make the online job application process accessible to any and all users.
If you have a disability that impacts your ability to complete the application process, and would like to request assistance or accommodation, please contact us at jobs@ITVS.org
We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any bias including race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, religion, disability or national origin.
Lastly, pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.